Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!

I think this is the thread that had the link to the ezrubons website.

Has anyone ordered from there and are you having any problems with the transfers? I got my order in and have attempted to do 2 eggs in 4 hours. They dont want to rub on (I broke the first egg trying to get the last one on). I think one of my packs had transferred to the peel off sheet. The second egg is a bit disappointing, but I think I can rescue it with some rhinestones to cover up the flaws.

Is there anyway to rehab them? spritzing with water? I have already sent an email to the company, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Quote: I ordered a lot from there and the ones I had terrible luck with were the translucent ones-I couldn't get them to work at all! Some of the glitter ones were difficult as well.

Last edited:
I ordered a lot from there and the ones I had terrible luck with were the translucent ones-I couldn't get them to work at all! Some of the glitter ones were difficult as well.

One of the one I used was a translucent one as well. The other one wasnt. I am very disappointed after spending $40.00 on crafting items that are turning out to be garbage.

So this weekend I started making my egg ornaments for christmas. Last year I let everyone who came by my house for christmas pick an ornament off the tree. These are so much fun. I use the paint on modge podge, I think im going to try the spray kind this year. Anybody tried both and have a preferance?

So this weekend I started making my egg ornaments for christmas. Last year I let everyone who came by my house for christmas pick an ornament off the tree. These are so much fun. I use the paint on modge podge, I think im going to try the spray kind this year. Anybody tried both and have a preferance?

I've not tried the spray kind, but thanks for the reminder I best get started making ornaments too!!!!

I'm not sure how you're decorating your eggs... but something to keep in mind
IF you base coat them with a spray paint make sure you use the same brand of spray on sealant .. (so if you are using Krylon spray paint to base coat make sure if you decide to use a spray on sealant that you also use one made by Krylon). Otherwise you can get some nasty reactions between the two .. orange peeling and sticky paint are usually the two most common issues.
If you are using a brush on over a spray paint base coat it doesn't make much of a difference what you use since MOST of the brush ons are water based. I have used varnish as well and have never had an issue with interactions.. however the varnish yellows too much for my liking. .

I've used both spray on as well as brush on sealants.. for me the choice depends on what kind of finish I am looking for:

for high gloss i prefer "Triple Thick" by DecoArt over Mod Podge.. to me it gives a better gloss shine plus feels more durable.

If I want just a moderate gloss or a mat finish I use a spray on

with both methods you still need to be aware of drips.. so thinner coats are usually better than really thick coats
for the spray on you do need a well ventilated location and a "spray booth" helps a lot to contain over spray

Quote: I like the Triple Thick, paint on-thin coat.

-------------------------------

@yinepu-Do you know if a coat of varnish over Triple Thick would work? I like Triple Thick but I find that it remains somewhat tacky-in that, when the eggs are stored-if touching each other they will stick together. I thought a coat of varnish might solve the problem-but I have never used varnish before.

I did not like the spray. I couldn't get it even, and I tried sticking a stick up the egg blow hole and then spraying, and I sprayed my egg off the stick with the force of the spray and it broke! I'm clumsy so maybe you'll have better luck, but I do good if I mod podge a few times or if I want it really glossy, do a layer of mod podge, a layer of shiny (with glitter) coat, then another of mod podge.

I prefer the spray. The key is to get your egg on a skewer, get the can about a foot from the egg and gently spray while spinning the egg. Several light coats work best for me.

Back
Top Bottom