Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Breeding Questions

May 1, 2020
VERY new to this, so lots to learn still. This hen was sold to me as BLRW but is splash I think? Please correct me if any of this is inaccurate.
20200524_225025.jpg
Then I found a young cockerel up for sale that I hope to breed to her once he's grown.
20200607_094341.jpg
What would be possible color outcomes for these two? Do I need a black laced red to get true blue?

The Andalusian Blue gene works in Blue-laced Red Wyandottes the same way it does in other blue breeds. Your correct that the hen is Splash. She's still considered a Blue-laced Red. A Splash BLRW and a Black BLRW would result in 100% Blue BLRW chicks. You'll get about 50% Blue and Splash BLRW from the pairing you have now.

Following for more info. I'd love some labeled pics of what is considered blue, black and splash. These are 3/4 of my BLRW, my other hen is in the nestbox broody.
20200623_192607.jpg

All three of the BLRW pictured have two copies of the blue gene; therefore, they are considered splash. If the broody hen is that light, she is also splash and you will only get splash chicks from them.

Back
Top Bottom