Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
Quote:
I know your photo is blurry, but that looks like a blue hen, not a splash. How old are they? She also doesn't look too much like a "she" either. Can you get another picture?

Last edited:
Quote:
I know your photo is blurry, but that looks like a blue hen, not a splash. How old are they? She also doesn't look too much like a "she" either. Can you get another picture?

The two together, she is a blue. I did not post any of the splash. They are about 16 weeks +/- .

I will try and get another pic. She better not be a he.

I have had the rooster for a while, the other two I got about 4 weeks ago.

Quote:

A couple of other shots. The black and blue look about the same in the face and body size. Compared to some other hens in the same pen, different breeds, the wattles look the same or smaller. I think there is good lacing on the back. But, I am also no expert. Thanks for any opinions or advice.

93129_imag0061.jpg

93129_imag0064.jpg

93129_imag0062.jpg

The black and blue together again.

93129_imag0073.jpg

You have some really good colors to work with. I think that black will look very well crossed with your splash roo. I know you are excited to hatch from them. Your blue pullet is a nice color from what I can see of the photos.
Maybe 2012 will be your year for a lot of great BLRW hatches! How exciting!!!
clap.gif

Alright guys. Here is my splash BLRW Roo.
91610_dsc_0202.jpg

I wish his legs were yellower and that he had a smoother comb. What do you guys think? Use him or find something else?

I have found that my splash rooster over my two black laced hens produce medium blue hens but darker blue roosters than I like to see. Now with splash over blue hens I am getting the proper medium blue roosters
smile.png
Genetics are a funny thing!
hmm.png

54909_p1110161.jpg

54909_p1080246.jpg

54909_p1100946.jpg

54909_p1090727.jpg

Back
Top Bottom