Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
Quote:
I believe the personal circumstance is... She knew it wasnt blrw
hide.gif

But the bird is gorgous. The only bad thing I see is the comb... She should have a rose comb, lookw to have a single comb.
I am seeing tons of blrw eggs in auction right now.

I do agree, Francesca is beautiful even though she has a single comb. I have an older gal who has the rose comb.Easy to tell them apart! Gal said she was getting divorced and had to sell all her chickens. She must have had almost 50+, all different breeds. I took Francesca, a Lavender Orp and a BW Ameracauna.

Here they are after quarantine in the "big girl coop"
66234_img_4687.jpg

This is Gretchen. She is 15 months old.
66234_img_9158.jpg

she's so pretty! But i'd say she's a GLW. I need to get out and take some new pics of my breeding flock
here are a few

94270_december_170.jpg

94270_dscf6477.jpg

go to my website for more pics
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I picked up a couple of dozen BLRW hatching eggs at a recent WFF show and now have 15 chicks in the brooder. They hatched out in a varity of colors.
Two are obviously splash, and from there they vary through a range of darkening shades like this.
1660_wyandotte_chck_id_pix_005.jpg

1660_wyandotte_chck_id_pix_007.jpg

1660_wyandotte_chck_id_pix_009.jpg

1660_wyandotte_chck_id_pix_011.jpg

1660_wyandotte_chck_id_pix_023.jpg

1660_wyandotte_chck_id_pix_025.jpg

In the interest of learning what down color becomes what adult color I photographed them all and marked them so I can keep track of who is who.
I plan to photograph them once a week or so in order to follow their development.
I'm hoping to learn enough about their unique genetics through this thread to be able to make some informed choices when the time comes to
set up breeding pens next summer.

Quote:
A seperate thread to subscribe to would be ideal. Start it up and post the link. I have eggs in the incubator now and this would be a great reference.

Quote:
A seperate thread to subscribe to would be ideal. Start it up and post the link. I have eggs in the incubator now and this would be a great reference.

If you read the "Wyandotte" thread-there are lots of peep photos and info there
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom