Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

OMG... she is gorgeous!
love.gif

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how they are turning out. My hen appears to be going broody, so hopefully I get a few more. I already turned off the incubators, but I'm going to let her hatch whatever eggs they can build up in the nest boxes.

Is there a place somewhere that has a list of different chicken breed's genetic codes? Is that the right term to describe that? When I google it I can't really find anything useful.

Try googling the chicken genetics calculator. It doesn't have every breeds codes, but does give the codes for many different colors and patterns and is a good start on what the codes can be for various birds.

ok, due to unfortunate circumstances, I am no longer employed, and in need of thinning the flock...

I have available, 3 blrw pullets (2 light blue possibly splash, 1 dark blue) about 10 weeks old or so
2 mature roosters (blues) and 1 12 week old cockerel (blue). the roosters are father and son, the cockerel is also related.

I'm also selling my bantam blrw rooster (very unwillingly...)

asking $20 each, group discount. I am willing to ship, buyer to pay for s&h plus box cost (need to buy boxes, I have no more used ones).

for more info, pm me...

So sorry. I'm sure everything's going to okay.

I'm not sure what happened with one of my roosters. He has almost no lacing at all. I met his parents and it was a dark blue hen to a splash rooster and both of the parents had great lacing. Any Idea what happened? Sorry, I know this isn't the best picture. I'll try and snap off a few more tonight if I can get him to hold still.

ETA: Also unless I am mistaken this guy is definitely black. Shouldn't black x splash be 100% blue?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom