Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

So question regarding color...I am pretty sure that my girl is going to be black-laced, but it seems like the black isn't even...in some areas it is darker than others.  She's about a month old - will that even out as she gets older?
show some pics please.

They are Foley Line. Really good looking birds. I bought them as chicks,and couldnt be happier.
I had a feeling... :) I have looked at his birds so often I can pick them out of a crowd! Hoping next year to get some of his lines. I know he isn't selling directly himself this year or next, so will have to buy from someone reputable that Carries his line of BLRW.

Okay, mine are almost seven weeks now. I am sure the black one is a pullet, but still not convinced either way with the blue. The straight comb throws me off. Any thoughts?

The legs look pretty thin to me, and the comb isn't particularly red. I am biased thought, b/c I really want it to be a pullet!

This is the black just to show her lacing coming in, you can't see her face/comb here, but the comb is still completely flat and I'm sure she is a pullet.

Okay, mine are almost seven weeks now. I am sure the black one is a pullet, but still not convinced either way with the blue. The straight comb throws me off. Any thoughts? The legs look pretty thin to me, and the comb isn't particularly red. I am biased thought, b/c I really want it to be a pullet! This is the black just to show her lacing coming in, you can't see her face/comb here, but the comb is still completely flat and I'm sure she is a pullet.
I think the first one is a rooster.

Okay, mine are almost seven weeks now. I am sure the black one is a pullet, but still not convinced either way with the blue. The straight comb throws me off. Any thoughts? The legs look pretty thin to me, and the comb isn't particularly red. I am biased thought, b/c I really want it to be a pullet! This is the black just to show her lacing coming in, you can't see her face/comb here, but the comb is still completely flat and I'm sure she is a pullet.
These are mine at 8 weeks. The one and only roo is in the centre.
As you can see the size of the waddle varies from hen to hen , but the colour is a dead giveaway.

Back
Top Bottom