Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I think that's just it, it depends on the line, my boys may have tails at 2 weeks, where as yours have them at 5 weeks, my girls may get wattles at 4 weeks and yours at 12, the point is i guess .. who knows, ill just have to wait another month at least so i'm 100 percent sure.

I've got 3 different ages that I'm looking at and I "think" I know boy/girl, but I am just not confident yet. These are my first hatchlings that I have kept to grow out so still trying to pickup on clues here and there. I also have 8 more due to hatch this week.

I've decided that I'm going to give our likely roo a couple more weeks and see what happens. I have a black that's definitely a pullet. She and the blue are inseparable. I hate to break them up if I don't have to. I know there is little chance but I'm still hoping.

First I will say that I have no experience with Wyandotte's. That being said I have always wanted some BLRW and I bought a few from a lady 4 weeks ago. These chicks are 5.5 weeks old. But a few people have stated that they are gold laced. The lady did say that they would be the dark blue color. But now I am worried. They all are really sweet but I was not wanting gold laced and I paid the price for Blue laced reds. HELP please!!!! What do you experts think?? And does anyone have any idea on sex?

Can the Blue Laced Red Wydonetts be shown in APA shows?

Thanks!

Not as yet, the colour is still going through the process of being accepted. You should however be able to enter in AOC , not sure what they call it in the US.
All other categories or all other breeds. :)
Have a look at Jerry Fowleys water fowl website, he is the driving force behind getting them listed. :)

Well he's a boy! My 8 week old was very clearly flapping his wings and crowing this morning! I've been listening to my 12 week olds attempts and apparently so has he.

Back
Top Bottom