Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
Oh I am sorry. I don't know the answer and was hoping to hear from the experts. I have BLRW and some are Black and Red. So I would like to know the answer too. Mine have pea combs.

A breeder told me the easiest way to tell the difference is the thickness of the black lacing. Black blr have heavier lacing than exhibition quality gold laced. Their coloring should be a deeper red rather than gold. I'm partial to the black blr. I love the deep bay color. That's just me, though. It's possible your girl may be of mixed parentage especially with the single comb showing. As backyard eye candy, she's quite pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I"m interested to see what you get too, shanshan. I'll need to find another cockerel for next year's breeding program, so if you have a nice Black one that you don't need, maybe you can keep me in mind?

Will do. I have lots of Roo's now but only one black. Ill keep you posted. Also if you sign up on my website with your wants I am putting together email lists when they come available.

I have 14 BLR eggs just arrived today. I, too, am hoping for a black BLR roo. I love the Wyandottes, but also I believe the mahogany gene would make him a good roo for producing sex links on silver hens.

We have the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes....I think they are sooooo BEAUTIFUL!! I love mine so much...After 3yrs of wanting them, I have them and we are selling hatching eggs now....I'm still afraid to send live chicks
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I wish I would have seen this sooner I'm 1 1/2hrs from Indy....U might have taken 41 down I could have met ya!!! Sorry I missed it

hit.gif

I will be going to Indy but my birds will be staying home...can't miss it though
lol.png

But...after the past few months with my daughters new schedule it has become evident I can't continue trying to be a Super Hero and have made the tough decision to sell my BLRW flock.A super hard decision as I absolutely love them but that is why I made this decision.I can't give them the time and dedication I think they deserve. There is no bird that can get me to miss the hours I need to spend at the gym watching my daughter reach her stars..or the endless hours of Girl Scouts I must endure,the Boy Scout outings.In another 10 years the drivers licenses will be issued and I will WANT to stay home and then have more time for my birds.I'm only keeping my Partridge Wyandotte flock for big birds.

So for anyone that is wanting a nice flock I will even deliver them along the route to Indy when I go...1-65 North through KY and IN I will only be in Indy on Sat afternoon and returning on Sunday night..must be back at the gym on Monday.
2 Roosters 1 straight from Jerry's flock this past Spring 1 will be as nice but only 5 months old...1 blue hen we won't say what I paid for her from Jerry last fall she's ugly now though
gig.gif
molting
lol.png
2 splash hens with nice color not that splash with a hint of color..we don't like those here and last is a black pullet that is close to pol with beautiful deep burgundy. I'm not going to sell them individually though..oh 100% Jerry's breeding all the hens other than the black laced pullet and the one roo were his started birds last fall.They are priced to sell.
My Aviator is the Roo...he was real young in it and getting ready to crow but it shows how nice his color is.

My first hatch of the season, and it looks like I got two splashes and two blues. I only had five eggs in this batch, and one was a questionable pullet egg, so I'm quite pleased with the hatch. I'll have more every week now for a while, if things go well.

Back
Top Bottom