Blue Orpington

My new Blue Orp girl! Love her! She is the biggest hen we have!

I would love some opinions about the gender of my blue Orpington. I bought her as a pullet, but she keeps me guessing... She's 18 weeks old. Her comb has always been very pronounced but it has stayed pink rather than red like her waddles. Her coloring and feathers look cockerel-ish to me, but I've never had a blue orp before! Please give me some reassurance that this is a girl!

Thats a black saddle back, more commonly known markings of male blue orpingtons
love.gif
. If it was just a black neckline and silver body, then it would be a hen. Give it more time to grow and dont be alamed as most blue orp roosters are quite friendly to work with.

I'm really wanting to get me some blues (especially after seeing all those fluffy butts, good lord what fluff!). Anyone know of some breeders to get hatching eggs from?

I have a beautiful English Blue Orpington rooster (almost 7 months old) who is needing a new home. He's a sweet boy who loves treats. He has beautiful lacing on his chest! Asking $65 or best offer. We are in Loma Linda, CA. Local pick up only.

Our Ranch Breeds pure bred English Orpingtons, and I know that the 65.00 is a very fair price. If he is breeder quality which this one looks like it might be, he will go fot alot more. We paid a few hundred plus shipping for our Orpington Roosters. That ole saying you get what you pay for, even though it cost the same to feed them :)

Back
Top Bottom