Blue rocks

Pics
Today my first chicks have hatched from the blue roo x barred rock crosses. I put 5 eggs in the hatcher, the first one that hatched is a gorgeous blue, the second just hatched, I can't tell if a dark blue or black. 3 more eggs in the hatcher, all 3 pipped. I can't get over the hatch rate from home grown eggs. Just goes to show how lucky we are to get chicks from eggs flown from one end of the country to the other. As soon as all hatch and dry off Ill post pics.

Im really egg-cited.....

Just a quick picture I took thru the top; the first one is nearly dry, the second one just hatched.

333301343.jpg

My blue roo is starting to finally get tail feathers. I don't think anyone plucked them....he just never seemed to get them. He's got a looooong way to go if he's going to look as good as yours. The little splash pullets are looking pretty good. The 4 younger ones are doing ok I think. Don't seem to be growing very fast tho. One of these days I'll have to get some pictures of them for you.

Well, all 5 eggs hatched! Looks like I have 3 blue and 2 black. I don't know how long it will be until I can see the barring on the wings of any males, maybe a week or two. Should be really interesting.

333389836.jpg

333390280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom