blue slate turkeys

poultry bro

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 4, 2014
hello everybody i have a slight problem i bought a trio of royal palm turkeys at my local auction and my neighbor liked them so much that she told us to buy some next time we went so i bought a blue slate tom and a black spanish hen but i realize how rare blue slate are i am wondering should i wait to buy her another pair of royal palm turkeys and breed my tom to some more slate or give her a rare breed that will never be used for anything.

I would say if your neighbor likes him let her have him.

Or were you planning on getting some slate hens.

I have a slate tom. I have crossed him to palm,Bourbons,chocolates,and black Spanish. Get some cool colored poults.

I would say it's up to you.

Blue slate aren't that rare, you won't get slate birds unless they are bred to slate, unless the black hen carries slate in her breeding.

sorry everybody i wasnt clear that i would try to get a hold of some more slates and blacks and ive seen some other rare breeds come through our auction the guy who runs the auction actually owns some wild turkeys illegally along with canadian geese but nobody says anything i really want to get in to turkeys more we run a chicken ranch but maybe its time to start with heritage turkeys

Back
Top Bottom