Booted Bantam Thread

this is my girl...i wish i could find a roo her color..

She is Beautiful!!!
What color is this?
I have a Cochin mix cockerel that is a similar color. I can not figure out what color it would be considered.

Last edited:

So is this a booted bantam? or a cochin? or maybe mixed with both?.
He is hatchery quality from TSC.
I was advised he was a cochin from other BYC members when he was younger...but he started getting a tail not the round fluff my other cochins have. He is almost 7 months old now.
Thank you for the advice on color. This is not the cockerel I was talking about.
Here is the cochin mix I was talking about

So is this a booted bantam? or a cochin? or maybe mixed with both?. He is hatchery quality from TSC. I was advised he was a cochin from other BYC members when he was younger...but he started getting a tail not the round fluff my other cochins have. He is almost 7 months old now. Thank you for the advice on color. This is not the cockerel I was talking about. Here is the cochin mix I was talking about
They are beautiful! !! Love the silver roo...your hens color does look like my porcelain booted girl.. will u be breeding them together??

So is this a booted bantam? or a cochin? or maybe mixed with both?.
He is hatchery quality from TSC.
I was advised he was a cochin from other BYC members when he was younger...but he started getting a tail not the round fluff my other cochins have. He is almost 7 months old now.
Thank you for the advice on color. This is not the cockerel I was talking about.
Here is the cochin mix I was talking about
I think you hit the nail on the head. He looks like a mix of cochin and booted banta. I actually love that shape and am planning on crossing the breeds once I have my rooster because I want them!

They are beautiful! !! Love the silver roo...your hens color does look like my porcelain booted girl.. will u be breeding them together??

Thank you
No, I will not be breeding them together, they are both roosters. The white and grey, not really sure what color he is, is very young and an LF. My broody hatched him out on 7/15. The lavender is a bantam and he is about 7 months old. :)

Hi,
I am getting two show quality pairs of Booted Bantams next week. A White pair and Golden Neck pair. I am going to enter them in the Smithfield, NC show. This will be my first show. I very excited.

Back
Top Bottom