bout how much does one sell a dozen farm fresh eggs?

I get $2.50 and that barely covers the feed cost
th.gif
I do request that the customer return the egg cartons. I am in Laurens SC

Last edited:
You can price cage free-range eggs at your supermarket and price accordingly. Depending on your location they can range from $2.50 to $4-5. In urban areas they probably are priced on the higher side. Around me farmers will sell them for $2, but I can get $3.50 at a local produce market. Egg cartons can be an extra expense, also.

Last edited:
Thank you ...IV really enjoyed reading the posted threads...and ya all love chickens too...people think I'm chicken nuts...IV raised 15 peeps to pullets of 20 weeks and I'm excited and hooked...can't wait til spring to get some more...LOL IV learned a lot from ya all...thank you soon muxh

Its awful what the
Big egg production places do to their birds...anyone know how to stop that abuse and neglect...how does one rescue hens from them places?

Its awful what the
Big egg production places do to their birds...anyone know how to stop that abuse and neglect...how does one rescue hens from them places?
I don't think something like that happens overnight and really we're all playing a part just by owning chickens and depending less on producers because we are the producers. I just try to spread the chicken fever to all my friends I figure it's worth it to give away one hen to my friends when you KNOW no one ever gets just one chicken and lasts a summer without getting another.

I live in Wilton California which is between Elk Grove and Sacramento Ca. We have Large Brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom