Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

That is what I thought as well. It was the tiniest cow-lick as a day old chick. It has developed far beyond what I expected. I am not concerned with her quality for any reason other than to learn and I greatly appreciate your comments, so please be honest and keep the feedback coming.
I currently keep two small coops in my backyard as I am in a very urban area. Only hens for now as pets and of course, eggs. Perhaps one day when I can retire and have a hobby farm I will breed and raise birds. Big dreams
smile.png

For now, just want to continue learning. Thanks, again for the response!

Hi folks! I am lucky enough to own this Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben chick:

I named her Gloria, because the one time my husband and I were in Switzerland, we went up to the top of the Schilthorn. We had our photo taken in front of the restaurant up there, Piz Gloria, which was featured in a James Bond film. (At least I'm hoping she is a she.)

Hi folks! I am lucky enough to own this Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben chick: I named her Gloria, because the one time my husband and I were in Switzerland, we went up to the top of the Schilthorn. We had our photo taken in front of the restaurant up there, Piz Gloria, which was featured in a James Bond film. (At least I'm hoping she is a she.)
Very cute! Love spitz chicks!!

Hi folks! I am lucky enough to own this Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben chick:

I named her Gloria, because the one time my husband and I were in Switzerland, we went up to the top of the Schilthorn. We had our photo taken in front of the restaurant up there, Piz Gloria, which was featured in a James Bond film. (At least I'm hoping she is a she.)
Is she (hopefully a she) considered a Splash as well? I just ordered hatching eggs with some of these included. Just curious as to descriptions. Soooo still new at identifying chickens.

Was the woman in Nantahala, NC? She told me Brabanters are not good with children.

I am hoping to get Brabanters and Domiques, mixed flock, trying figure how to get them about the same age. Have t decided which of the two for rooster but a search on the threads seems the Dominque rooster has chance of being less aggressive,

Feedback?

It is so hard to find either breed and doubt anywhere can get sexed chicks and one breeding get will be for laying, the other to just enjoy mixed flock. I was looking at Cream Legbars too. The Brabanters make me smile,

Was the woman in Nantahala, NC? She told me Brabanters are not good with children.

I am hoping to get Brabanters and Domiques, mixed flock, trying figure how to get them about the same age. Have t decided which of the two for rooster but a search on the threads seems the Dominque rooster has chance of being less aggressive,

Feedback?

It is so hard to find either breed and doubt anywhere can get sexed chicks and one breeding get will be for laying, the other to just enjoy mixed flock. I was looking at Cream Legbars too. The Brabanters make me smile,
Yes, she was in Nantahala, NC but don't know why she would say that. My baby chick Brabanters, even now, are curious, come up and get on my hand, never peck me but are still a little skittish in the brooder as yet. When I pick them up, they quickly settle down and will sit in my lap.

The Dominiuques I got from her are a little more aggressive than the CBs ut they aren't mean nor do they pick on the smaller bantam chicks.

Finally got pics of my Cream Brabanters. They are from hatchery stock and private breeder stock (the smaller one in the pic who is also 12 days younger). They are very sweet so far and pretty quiet. Inquisitive little bunch and not too skittish. Love 'em!

The larger ones are 5 weeks old tomorrow.

Feedback?

I guess it depends on the line of genetics you get. My cream brabs are the gentlest most docile lap chickens I've ever had! My cream roo has never flogged anyone!

Finally got pics of my Cream Brabanters. They are from hatchery stock and private breeder stock (the smaller one in the pic who is also 12 days younger). They are very sweet so far and pretty quiet. Inquisitive little bunch and not too skittish. Love 'em!

The larger ones are 5 weeks old tomorrow.
THEY ARE SOOOOO CUTE!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

Back
Top Bottom