Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Ok I'm totally new to chickens and this website. I have 5 appenzellar hens and 1 roo, 2 brahma, 6 Rhode Island reds and 1 Cornish chicken. I know the ages of all my birds except my appenzellars. They re supposed to be 11 months and laying eggs but nothing. They have been at our place 1 week now going on 2. We have been feeding grower feed, bc my other babies are only 11 wks old, and some alfalfa hay scraps. Have placed fake eggs in nesting boxes and everything. Nothin. Maybe they re younger than what I was told? I have no idea. Help me if you can. I'll post pics.
[/URL]

If you've only had them 1 or 2 weeks don't worry. Sometimes it takes a while to recover from the stress of a move.

I was just wondering if there is an average age that the spitzhauben pullets will start laying. My girls are about 16 weeks and don't look ready but curious as to when I may start seeing some white eggs.

X2 - they are beautiful. The photo of the pullet with the red face..the wind is blowing her crest in a way that looks like two horns. Each time I see your picts, I decide I need to get some of these.
gig.gif

Thank You! They are such awesome birds. I see what you mean about that pullets crest lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom