Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

:weee

I am thinking the breeder is fine, maybe her computer is having issues.

The Gold Brabanter hatching eggs arrived today!!! I am so excited! Can't you just sense my excitement? :ya

Re: whether or not Brabanters are good with kids

I have some gold Brabanters from Ideal--and I don't know how well they represent the standard--BUT they are my nephews' favorites because they will perch on their fingers or shoulders like a parrot.

My nephews are rambunctious and loud, and I have not spent much time at all trying to tame the Brabanters. However, while they may avoid being caught, once caught they don't act upset or try to get away.

I bought several breeds of chickens this year to see what I liked, and the Brabanters are close to the top of the list for being so good with the boys.

I have some gold Brabanters from Ideal--and I don't know how well they represent the standard--BUT they are my nephews' favorites because they will perch on their fingers or shoulders like a parrot.

My nephews are rambunctious and loud, and I have not spent much time at all trying to tame the Brabanters. However, while they may avoid being caught, once caught they don't act upset or try to get away.

I bought several breeds of chickens this year to see what I liked, and the Brabanters are close to the top of the list for being so good with the boys.
What other breeds did you get? I'm now curious! :)
Also, do you sell the chicks or recommend a source for me to look into? What type of Brabanters do you have?

What other breeds did you get? I'm now curious! :)
Also, do you sell the chicks or recommend a source for me to look into? What type of Brabanters do you have?

I have 11 Welsummers, 5 Australorps, 5 Light Brahmas, 6 Gold Brabanters, and 7 assorted bantams which I am still trying to identify. I think two of them are Spitzhaubens and two of them are OEGs of some sort; not sure about the rest. They are all about a month old and all of them are hatchery chicks.

I like all of them but the OEGs and the Brabanters have the most personality, followed closely by the Welsummers.

I am a first-time chicken owner so I am in the learning stage; I doubt I'll be selling any type of pure-breed chickens any time soon nor do I have experience with any particular breeders. I WILL be selling Cotton Patch Geese next year, if all goes well :)

Sounds about right from what I researched. The breeder I got hatching eggs from said most friendly with their own people, human family/kids. Said sometimes they will get a friendly one which will walk up to greet a stranger. I am excited. :) planning to handle ours when they are little to have them more tame. We got some other breeds too of hatching eggs, types docile and good with kids. Hoping for a good hatch.

My brabanter hen is now 5 months, just wanted to share a couple of recent pics.

Back
Top Bottom