Brahma Breeders thread

Hello everyone,

Around page 47-49 a question was asked about a project color of Buff Blue Columbian. I stumbled on this color when looking around at the different project colors of Brahma's. I'm not interested breeding or showing, I just love having beautiful large birds in my flock and as spring is right around the corner, I've decided that I'd like to add some Brahma's. Does anyone know a breeder who is working on this color? I did find someone on FaceBook that is working on this color but, theirs are a much darker Buff than the color I fell in love with.

This is the color that I'm looking for, it is from Dylan's Brahma Chickens Farm (located in Belgium...so, no chance of getting these ;)).

Thank you for your time!
26240155_572356143097938_1598361419927761461_o.jpg

Hello everyone,

Around page 47-49 a question was asked about a project color of Buff Blue Columbian. I stumbled on this color when looking around at the different project colors of Brahma's. I'm not interested breeding or showing, I just love having beautiful large birds in my flock and as spring is right around the corner, I've decided that I'd like to add some Brahma's. Does anyone know a breeder who is working on this color? I did find someone on FaceBook that is working on this color but, theirs are a much darker Buff than the color I fell in love with.

This is the color that I'm looking for, it is from Dylan's Brahma Chickens Farm (located in Belgium...so, no chance of getting these ;)).

Thank you for your time!
26240155_572356143097938_1598361419927761461_o.jpg

Truly a beautiful bird.

Adding dark Brahmas this week. I grew up with a dark Brahma rooster named
"Dusty", lol. Hubby wants big chicken, as in Wyandottes and Orpingtons are
not big enough yet :lau
Since we are getting a breeding group that is already over 2 years old.
I am sure there will be less fertile eggs, given the age. But it is easier to see
if we want to invest time and money into another breed.
From reading though, it sounds like the dark are about a pound lighter/smaller
than the buff or light once?! Is this what others have experienced as well?
We are in Alberta, Canada, so a bit difficult to get nice Brahmas. Well probably
because that is a new breed for us and we still need to connect more.
Thanks for feedback!
:frow

That`s sure a gorgeous color!!!

Well we have the Brahmas now and hubby already has a name for the rooster.
But I misunderstood thinking they are over 2 years old. They are just 29 weeks,
not month. So quite happy. Now just decide if we look for light once as well.
These guys still need to grow :ya

KIMG0471.jpg
This is my favorite rooster. Very calm around any people. He will turn 3 this spring. I weighed him last month and he is up to 13 pounds 9 ounces. He's the biggest I have raised so far. It has been snowing a bit today.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom