Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
Does Kim Aldrich go to a lot of Ohio shows? Does anyone know?
I don't go to a ton of shows, but I have seen them at the Ohio National. Both him and Kendra are real nice people.
Most people that want aldrich brahmas order them and pick them up at ohio natiional
That's exactly what I did. I emailed them and told them what I needed to improve in my flock. Trust me they will get you what you need. I was talking to Kendra and told her that the tails on my birds were too narrow so I wanted the widest male I could get. Believe me, the boys I got will do that and more!

I have seen the Aldridges at the Dayton club show (Greenville), I don't recall ever seeing them at the swap (Eaton).

I did not get there till after sunup, but did see some pretty nice buff large fowl there. They were set up on the opposite side of the road from the grandstand, right before the open sided building that some people set up in. If it sounds like your guys, that was the Eversoles. Both father and son were set up together there. The elder has raised large buffs for as long as I can remember seeing him at shows and swaps, might have other varieties as well.
That was the spot. The reason you didn't see the lights was because I had snatched them up at that point
lol.png

I don't go to a ton of shows, but I have seen them at the Ohio National. Both him and Kendra are real nice people.
That's exactly what I did. I emailed them and told them what I needed to improve in my flock. Trust me they will get you what you need. I was talking to Kendra and told her that the tails on my birds were too narrow so I wanted the widest male I could get. Believe me, the boys I got will do that and more!
That is probably what I will do! Thanks for the info!

That was the spot. The reason you didn't see the lights was because I had snatched them up at that point
lol.png

That is probably what I will do! Thanks for the info!

The fellow mentioned earlier from around London Ohio has shown and sold some birds at the Greenville Show in years past. Most of his birds originated from Bill Mayer I believe. His lights would then be related to the whole Southern Michigan/Northwest Ohio Brahma Gang of Barb Piper/ Bill Bowman/ Bill Mayer and then on down to present day Aldridges.

The Aldridges are figuring to show at Lucasville May 24/25. I was going to deliver a cockerel to them at the Lima show, but got sidetracked when our first grandchild came via emergency C section. So will try to hook up with them there. And as someone stated earlier, I always see them at Columbus. For those of you not fortunate enough to be from the Mid West, these show referenced are all in Ohio.

ive got a question about brahmas.
i was reading that they take longer to grow because they get to be so big but that they lay at a normal age (around 5 mo.)
is this true??

also does it take longer for them to mature sexually?? thanks for your time

I am no expert on Brahmas but 5 months is early for just about any heritage bird. Most heritage birds are 6-9 months for laying. My Blue Columbian Brahmas started laying at 9 months but that was during winter and they didn't lay well until spring. So that being said I don't think you will get a heritage Brahma that lays at 5 months.

ive got a question about brahmas.
i was reading that they take longer to grow because they get to be so big but that they lay at a normal age (around 5 mo.)
is this true??

also does it take longer for them to mature sexually?? thanks for your time

Hatchery birds are bred entirely for production, not type. I would think there is a vast difference in true "standard bred" Brahmas, point of lay and rate of maturity, than that of hatchery birds. I think hatchery birds would tend to lay sooner. You might ask your question on the "Backyard Brahma" thread if your birds are hatchery.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom