Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
I haven't decided yet. Right now all I have is a lemon pyle rooster and a blue partridge rooster, so there's not much to experiment with there. I am going to be getting a good either light Brahma rooster or a blue Columbian, but until I do, she's just a yard bird. I really think there's just too much wrong with her to even try.

By lemon pyle, are we talking a splash phase blue partridge ?

Don't hold your breath. There is still room for improvement in my Buffs and Lights.

My oldest chicks are two months now. My last set of Light eggs are in the hatcher now. I'll end up with around 90 or so. Have lost a few along. Some of the older birds are starting to show promise. Too soon to tell on the finer points of color, but the TYPE is certainly there. Looking forward to show season. Only made TWO show last year. Hope to make five or six at least this Fall.

Tim
Can you take some pictures of the ones that you think are showing promise and point out their finer points? I can't seem to tell anything until they are about 5-6 months old, which is a long time to feed so many LF!

I've also got some incubator hatching left to do. I have a hatch this Sunday, next Sunday, Tuesday after that and I'm setting my last batch of eggs that came today from John Neff either tomorrow or Sunday. He included some bantam darks in this shipment, which I really appreciate because I lost the ones that I got from him before in the coop attack. That is it though! I've secured the coop again and no further attacks, but I'm terrified of losing the babies that I have growing right now, so I won't put the brooder back out there this year. My husband has about had it with his gun room being the brood pen!

I'm going to try to get to a couple of shows this year myself. I probably won't have anything to show, but I need to figure it all out before next year. I'm thinking Shawnee and Four Corners. Four Corners is fairly close by and my sister lives in OKC. Which ones are you thinking about going to?

Can you take some pictures of the ones that you think are showing promise and point out their finer points? I can't seem to tell anything until they are about 5-6 months old, which is a long time to feed so many LF!

I've also got some incubator hatching left to do. I have a hatch this Sunday, next Sunday, Tuesday after that and I'm setting my last batch of eggs that came today from John Neff either tomorrow or Sunday. He included some bantam darks in this shipment, which I really appreciate because I lost the ones that I got from him before in the coop attack. That is it though! I've secured the coop again and no further attacks, but I'm terrified of losing the babies that I have growing right now, so I won't put the brooder back out there this year. My husband has about had it with his gun room being the brood pen!

I'm going to try to get to a couple of shows this year myself. I probably won't have anything to show, but I need to figure it all out before next year. I'm thinking Shawnee and Four Corners. Four Corners is fairly close by and my sister lives in OKC. Which ones are you thinking about going to?

2-21 hatch light showing a freakishly WIDE head. I am planning on Texas shows and Shawnee. I'll try to get more photos. I have to have help from my Son. My camera is on the blink and I have to use my Wife's tablet thing, or whatever you call it.

Tim

2-21 hatch light showing a freakishly WIDE head. I am planning on Texas shows and Shawnee. I'll try to get more photos. I have to have help from my Son. My camera is on the blink and I have to use my Wife's tablet thing, or whatever you call it. Tim
I've seen large fowl that wish they had heads that wide. Will enjoy seeing that one grow up if ya keep sharing with us.

2-21 hatch light showing a freakishly WIDE head. I am planning on Texas shows and Shawnee. I'll try to get more photos. I have to have help from my Son. My camera is on the blink and I have to use my Wife's tablet thing, or whatever you call it.

Tim
I definitely see what you mean about the head width. I don't like the tablet thingys either.

Back
Top Bottom