Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
I bred her to a blue partridge.

That would go along with what I have seen when crossing a columbian with a single laced patterned bird. The columbian pattern was much more prevalent in the resulting chicks. Some slight ticking might show on a black and white bird, would likely be less noticeable on a buff and splash bird.

2-21 hatch light showing a freakishly WIDE head. I am planning on Texas shows and Shawnee. I'll try to get more photos. I have to have help from my Son. My camera is on the blink and I have to use my Wife's tablet thing, or whatever you call it.

Tim
That is a very wide head. I would love to see pictures as it grows to see how it turns out!

2-21 hatch light showing a freakishly WIDE head. I am planning on Texas shows and Shawnee. I'll try to get more photos. I have to have help from my Son. My camera is on the blink and I have to use my Wife's tablet thing, or whatever you call it.

Tim
Geez!! You're not playing around with those heads, are you?!?! This year should bring better heads in my flock. I've got two hens that have nice heads and my male has a nice big noggin that seems to continue getting wider every day.

Geez!! You're not playing around with those heads, are you?!?! This year should bring better heads in my flock. I've got two hens that have nice heads and my male has a nice big noggin that seems to continue getting wider every day.

This chicks sire is the bird in post #17 of this thread. You are right heads improve with age. Diet will help tremendously. I'll post more pics later.

Tim could you advise some of us re diet? I have a great foundation pair from jackie but just curious what you do re feeding
Ps the east coasters keep their showbirds out of sun for fading

Tim could you advise some of us re diet? I have a great foundation pair from jackie but just curious what you do re feeding

Just a good quality feed. I use 20% game-bird breeder pellets. No-scratch. Lots of grass. Everyone keeps the buffs out of the sun because they will fade. Lights, mostly males, will get brassy if not shaded.

Tim

I just started feeding mine Manna pro gamebird diet. it says it is good for showbirds. You are supposed to mix it with a maintenance diet. I haven't used it long enough to see a difference.

Just a good quality feed. I use 20% game-bird breeder pellets. No-scratch. Lots of grass. Everyone keeps the buffs out of the sun because they will fade. Lights, mostly males, will get brassy if not shaded.

Tim

Also I believe cracked corn will make the lights, or any white bird for that matter, brassy. I stopped feeding cracked corn to all of the white birds I own. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom