Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
Yea. I cant wait. I had heritage reds from ron, leghorns and heritage dellies from paul harter. just moved to TN so I had to sell everything off and having to start all over. Decided to start with the buffs since breeders dont sell the reds usually this late in the year.
sad.png

I finally got some brahma chicks! I have these three at about 2 weeks old. I also have 4 that are about 4-5 weeks old but they are at my aunt's house until I get my coop finished. So in total I have 6 partridge brahma and one light brahma(she only had one). Hopefully these guys turn out super nice and I can get a little breeding flock going. I love these guys! Very sweet and laid back. My kids love them too! What do you more experienced Brahma breeders think of these three? Do they have potential or is it too early to tell? Thank you!!!

I finally got some brahma chicks! I have these three at about 2 weeks old. I also have 4 that are about 4-5 weeks old but they are at my aunt's house until I get my coop finished. So in total I have 6 partridge brahma and one light brahma(she only had one). Hopefully these guys turn out super nice and I can get a little breeding flock going. I love these guys! Very sweet and laid back. My kids love them too! What do you more experienced Brahma breeders think of these three? Do they have potential or is it too early to tell? Thank you!!!
I am not a brahma expert, but I do know you can't tell much from chicks. You will just have to wait until they mature

I took some better pics. Hopefully they are better for judging these guys. They are funny little guys, especially the light who I think is male.

Even though it's not scientific, if you hold chick between 2 fingers of each hand and let it dangle, females will go slack, and males will fight to regain control. I've seen them do this and in every case, it held up in adulthood. The "limp" chickens turned out to be females, and the kickers ended up to be male. Have fun, chicks are very pretty.

Hello everyone! Poultry Show next month if anyone is in the area.

District Meets:
American Bantam Club
American Brahma Club
State Meets:
American Poultry Association
American Langshan Club
American Silkie Bantam Club
Nankin Club of America
Sebright Club of America
Special Meets:
Ameraucana Breeders Club
Belgian D’Anver Club
National Call Breeders of America
Cochins International
International Waterfowl Fanciers Association
Old English Game Bantam Club
Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of America
Wyandotte Breeders Club

Premium book is ready to be downloaded. Go to https://lebanonpoultryfanciers.wordpress.com/

Back
Top Bottom