Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
These young Brahma are way too young to be grading them on potential. Wait until they get some size and their feathers grow out and then come back with some new pictures.
@snowbird can you at least comment on vulture hocks? I feel like I see VH but am not an expert.

Quote: These Brahma are just too young to make a statement about them. They have what looks to be the beginning of Vulture Hocks. If these feathers a soft non stiff feather then I would not consider them Vulture Hocks. Vulture Hocks will have a hard stiff quill in the middle of the feather. If you want to see a real Vulture Hock look at the Belgium D'uccle.

Ok I thought I had posted these last night but don't know what happen so....
Here are current pics of my brahma 5 month old. I would like feedback please, thank you!
[/IMG]

We're definitely going to need more pictures and different angles first. I can tell you though that there are suppose to be feathers all the way down his middle toe. If he does have any, he needs more of them.

Thankyou. I had posted a few the other day (or so I thought) but they didn't show up, not sure where they went. Here are a few others, the last one is a motion shot, he was moving his head. hahah
Is it possible they loose feathers from the middle from foraging? I thought he had them, will need to refer to older pictures. He's 5 months old.

I'll get you some later today. The ones on my phone are refusing to upload to the site.
Got a few.
I believe this is the hen I did not show.
Res Asiatic
Champion Asiatic
Same as above bird. Her back blends into her tail better than it appears in the pictures. It's also not angled up like that.
My current breeder male. I plan on adding two of his sons next year. I went out yesterday and he had fly strike on his butt rather badly
sickbyc.gif
. Probably won't get to show him at the Ohio National now since I sprayed him down with a ton of blur kote.

My buff's at 3 weeks. New to Buff's, is it normal for them to be all different colors. I'm concerned with the 2 cockerels with there barred feathers. I know Heritage Reds are all sorts of colors until adult feathers come in. Just making sure Buff's are the same way.

Back
Top Bottom