Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
I dont weight my feed. I Just fill a gallon pitcher full and give it to them when there trough is almost empty. Usually 3 gallons a day. I only give them scratch every other day. Plus they have all the grass they want.
I don't weigh mine either, just figure it out based on how long it lasts. I know some of the folks on this thread buy their feed in bulk, we don't have a mill anywhere close by to be able to do that. I guess I decided if I was going to breed brahmas, I was going to have to accept the feed bill that goes with it.
th.gif

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am new to this breed. I will not have new chicks for another couple of months. I forgot to order my son a dark brahma. That was a big mistake and a big deal to him. This is the first year in 4H that he can compete and be more than just recognized.
I am trying to find a local breeder because I only need one. Unless some one gives me a good price on meat birds and ships. I live on the Eastern Shore of MD. I am close to Delaware and the ES of VA. We are looking now so that we can have the bird(s) by March.

NONE!! Theres 15 buffs but a few others in there. 19 altogether. They just eat a lot. lol. Growing!!

How are you using that much feed!? They must eat a LOT. I have roughly 60 (various breeds-but I do have some very fat white rocks and they eat and eat and eat) and two pigeons. I use around 250lbs a month.

Back
Top Bottom