Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Matt....the important thing is that you love him! I can't wait to get some good Brahma blood
wink.png
but I do love my little hatchery birds. After all, it is their great personality and lovability that makes me want more!
droolin.gif

frow.gif

Morning everyone! Well, I just picked up my first Light Brahma chick yesterday from the Feed Store! I've wanted a Brahma ever since I noticed the feathered legs; and the more I learned after that the more I REALLY wanted one! They're sooo elegant! The feed store ordered from McMurray. Does anyone else here have a pic of what my new little girl might grow up to look like? Here's some pics of her now...

61589_brahma2.jpg

61589_brahma_legs.jpg

BTW, she's not alone in the brooder right now. She has a Silver Spangled Hamburg she's bonding with and Thursday or Friday we will be adding a Austrolorp and a Speckled Sussex. McMurry split the orders to the feedstore and shipped one group over the weekend. Weird, but oh, well...

I lost my Bantam Buff Brahma roo last night. We have no idea what happened to him - found him very quiet yesterday afternoon and by dinner time he was hiding. We set him up in a hutch by himself but he didn't make it through the night. We did a thorough exam on him but found no injury or any other sign of illness. He was perfect on Monday. We loved this guy and since he was the Ruler Supreme there is a bit of chaos down at the barn.

Which brings me to . . . . I am looking for some good quality LF Partridge Brahma hens/pullets. With the loss of the bantam, I think I will stick to the LF to make life easier. I have a Partridge Roo that I really like but only one hen. They were hatched last summer. I am in Maryland. If anyone can give me some leads to hens/pullets or hatching eggs, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

I have seven eggs I have collected from our LF Partridge over the last two days - I was going to put them up at Auction - but if you want them PM me and we can discuss specifics.

Sableboi, I would like to be put on your list for hatching eggs or pm when you put some up for auction. I am interested in your partridge and lemon pyle and your darks but more so the lemons and partridges cause the darks I can get local without having to ship, there definately not as nice as yours. Maybe a assortment of all 3.

After 3yrs of pesturing the other half, she agreed on me getting some chickens. So, I decided that brahma's were going to be my chicken of choice for quite a few reasons...feather feet,quiet,docile,size etc just the best chicken out there for what I want. I recently purchased 6 buffs(2roosters 4hens) and have 20 light and buff eggs in the bator with 16 days to go yet so Im not ready right away but will be soon. If this is possible there is no rush other than summer coming. You the man.

Travis

Mine may not be typical, but they have been VERY broody. One hatched 2 clutches (broody 3 times) and other 3 clutches (broody 4 times). All the rest went broody once or twice. They can cover a lot of eggs as they are big birds.

Top broody, a Gold Partridge has only laid about 30 eggs in total for her two years of life as she spends the vast majority of her time either sitting eggs or rearing chicks.

Sarah that guy looks like a Gold to me. If you have Blue Partridge hens then 50% of offspring should be Blue and 50% Gold (Partridge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom