Brand choices for chicken feeds (how do I know who is "best"?)

A crumble or pellet feed is best.
Prevents birds choosing which whole grain they like and don't like which will cause problems.

Any fresh local crumble or pellet is best.

I’ve had my flock on the Purina starter crumble up until they started laying. Then I switched to Purina Layena crumble. I tried the pellets, they were not a fan of it & only ate it because it’s the only thing they had in front of them. I have my rescue bantams on Nutrena Feather Fixer (they were in rough shape, they’re getting better thankfully). I had my ducks on chick starter crumble until one of my jumbo Pekin’s started showing signs of Niacin deficiency. She was so sick that I thought she wasn’t going to make it. I switched all ducks to Purina duck pellets. It saved her life. My chicks are on DuMor starter crumble, only because that’s what I could afford at that time but they seem fine on it. My husband & I are talking about buying organic food once all this food is gone.

I LOVE scratch and peck! It has a higher protein, and my ladies had a protein deficiency, and I started feeding this and they ran for it like I was starving them, even though I had the other food out all day. They stopped eating there eggs immediately, plus, its organic, non GMO, and all natural! Here is a link! https://www.chewy.com/s?query=Scratch+and+Peck+Feeds&query2=Chicken+Feed&rh=c:941&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_fr1tv7J7AIVzh-tBh2vtw0QEAAYASAAEgJzUfD_BwE
I am not too far from their facility 😀

Back
Top Bottom