BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Jules, great video, definitely worth the time to watch, thanks. You ready for my eggs yet?
Kurt

I'd rather buy your chicks when you get them. Is that still an option in May?
pop.gif

Sure will! I like the odds better on already hatched chicks than shipped eggs that may or may not hatch for me. It will be a pretty drive out the handle, so that will add to the adventure.

Turned my breeders in with the cockerel tonight and he'll be a happy guy tomorrow. He got a pedicure tonight and seemed to like that pretty well. Now it's a wait and see kind of thing. They've got more room to stretch their legs this time around and better nesting and roosting sites, so they might not mind their confinement too awful much.

Which roo was the father? If he was not barred, then this is a sex link cross- cockerels with the white head spot, pullets without.

Was the nn-biel cross pictured?

My NN, Shiloh, was its father (below), and its mother was one of my White Rocks. So the white on the head means cockerel?

I haven't had a chance to photograph the remaining chicks yet. I was stuck at work all day.
hmm.png

My NN, Shiloh, was its father (below), and its mother was one of my White Rocks. So the white on the head means cockerel?

I haven't had a chance to photograph the remaining chicks yet. I was stuck at work all day.
hmm.png

How rude of work!

Yes white on head is sign of barring- boy from this pairing.

It also means the white rock are barred so you are able to use them for sex linked chicks by using non barred roosters like Shiloh. It also means your white rocks have the recessive white.. if that chick is bred back to white rock, you will get half whites.

Have to say again that is a beautiful bird..

Yes, we were waiting on the bell scraper before scheduling. When asked why I don't just skin him, I replied if I do that then I can't make my own football.
lau.gif
This is one of the two $2 half Potbelly pigs I picked up at the auction last month.

Great! If they're skinned, about 1/3 of the pig is thrown away.

Back
Top Bottom