BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Quote:
Watch it if you use goats to clear poison ivy, it shouldn't hurt the goat, but I would imagine it's a lot like horses eating it (they also eat it btw) where they get the oil all over their faces and in their mouths, so if they lick you, drool on you, or rub/butt their head against you, they WILL get the oils on you and if you're allergic you'll break out.

Watch it if you use goats to clear poison ivy, it shouldn't hurt the goat, but I would imagine it's a lot like horses eating it (they also eat it btw) where they get the oil all over their faces and in their mouths, so if they lick you, drool on you, or rub/butt their head against you, they WILL get the oils on you and if you're allergic you'll break out.

Goats will also eat a delectable wild plant called 'ramps' and it makes their breath smell like wolf butt and the milk is fouled too....However, when they do get their fill of 'em, we just add more and make 'ramp flavored cheese', both hard and chevre. It's great, so long as you avoid smelling their breath during miking, They do tend to 'belch' at the best of times and don't even think about thier cud containing ramps!!
barnie.gif

My brother fishes a LOT. You wouldn't believe how many times he got into poison ivy. Worst time he didn't know it until after he went pee...not good..Lol! I've never encountered the stuff.
Wow that's a great deal on piglets. I've been looking to get a couple. I've seen some cool ones. A place here is selling potbelly crossed with Iberian blacks, $150! Found Mangalitsa/mulefoot crosses, same price. Wish I had the room to breed some, couple people have Tamworth, and a couple with Gloucestershire Old Spots, $$ also. Close by I found berk/york crosses, cut and wormed already, $75, probably go with them.

Last edited:
Here are the rest of the chicks that hatched for me two days ago:

Dorking mix over Barred Rock

Probably my Ameraucana-mix over Australorp

This on and the next one are of the same chick - my NN over Bielefelder. I'm pretty sure it's a girl because of the darkly defined chipmunk coloring!

Ameraucana-mix over White Rock

I'm not sure if the father here was my Ameraucana-mix or my biggest Biel, but mom is Australorp. The next photo is a top view of the same chick.

Ameraucana-mix over White Rock

Another Ameraucana over White Rock

And FINALLY......

My second NN over White Rock.

Back
Top Bottom