Breeding my chocolate lab with a golden retriever

Goldadors are popular. Many consider it a "designer breed", an intentional mix.
"The idea was to create a working dog with the sensitivity of the Golden Retriever and the tolerance of the Labrador Retriever." Many become guide dogs for the blind.
However, from what I have read, you may well end up w black pups......

I believe they can be any color a lab could be, black, blonde, or chocolate, but I believe (don't quote me on this) that black is dominant so when crossed with the golden retriever you may end up will all black pups. Growing up we had a golden retriever lab mix and she looked like a black golden retriever, all black, but the long fur with longer tail/hocks/belly fur like a golden. She was a sweet dog and lived to be about 13.

Awww the puppies sound like they'd be cute! I'm not good with guessing colors.
My Aussie mix got pregnant by a jack russel a few miles south and the puppies were ADORABLE! Best poultry Guardians by far, I still have two from the litter. They're getting pretty old in age, but still protect my flock good.

Why on earth would you intentionally create mutts? Particularly mutts that have no purpose. There are enough nice dogs that need homes without adding a litter of that size to the population. No one should be encouraging the poster to do such apoorly planned breeding.

20160320_185126.jpg

My dog is a cross. One of the best dogs I have ever owned. Faithful protector for my livestock.
I don't understand the meaning of your post.

Hi,
If I decided I wanted to breed my female chocolate lab with my dark red golden retriever, what color would the puppies be? Would they be chocolate? My Golden is almost the color of a Irish setter.
My Lab was bred with two chocolate labs, and her brothers and sisters were chocolate, that's about all I know of her background

Could the pups be black?
Too bad you aren't near me. I also have an intact Chocolate Lab male. With papers.
20180521_223113 copy.jpg

View attachment 1404372
My dog is a cross. One of the best dogs I have ever owned. Faithful protector for my livestock.
I don't understand the meaning of your post.
I have no problem with mutts. I own 3. I do however have a problem with them purposely being created by those unfit to do so. There are few instances that a mutt is a better choice than a purebred. If the OPs primary concern is the color of the animal they are producing.

I have a male and female golden retriever that I'm breeding, I just want to know what the puppies will look like if I decide to let my chocolate lab have pups with the male golden.

This is how dark my golden is..
20180507_171928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom