Breeding Project Spring 2014

my rooster is still shying from the lowest hen on the totem.
hit.gif

Maybe put him and her and maybe one other in a pen by themselves, if you can.
I assume this is your senior roo you're crying about, not a junior. I remember you saying he's young?

To start we havent gotten more babies sadly. We got three and today well two are a week old one hatched on day 26. My favorite is the little silkie baby i am almost positive they.re all girls, but our broody still sits on those five eggs.
idunno.gif
. I cant wait until spring. Sunny started laying, but Goldie needs to do his part
wink.png
My bator is coming in two weeks so excited. Our other broody doing fine not sure if her eggs are viable about a week idk not keeping track. Hoping we will get some chicks from her. Also we are getting a lot of eggs. For my bator it is a LG still air with automatic turner, when it comes im going to do a test hatch with 5-10 eggs from the coop. Not getting fancy breeder eggs that being a first timer i might kill.

To start we havent gotten more babies sadly. We got three and today well two are a week old one hatched on day 26. My favorite is the little silkie baby i am almost positive they.re all girls, but our broody still sits on those five eggs.
idunno.gif
. I cant wait until spring. Sunny started laying, but Goldie needs to do his part
wink.png
My bator is coming in two weeks so excited. Our other broody doing fine not sure if her eggs are viable about a week idk not keeping track. Hoping we will get some chicks from her. Also we are getting a lot of eggs. For my bator it is a LG still air with automatic turner, when it comes im going to do a test hatch with 5-10 eggs from the coop. Not getting fancy breeder eggs that being a first timer i might kill.
btw i really want self blue, and red pyle old english game bantam hatching eggs. heres a pic
family

hen

rooster

hen

family
rooster
arent they gorgeous
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Sounds good, Luv!!!

My currently breeding project includes a 'bator from a friend and a setting schedule of about 6-10 eggs about every three and a half to four weeks. =)
I'm looking forward to spring too; my hope is that at least a few of my hens will start helping me with the hatching!!! =D

hit.gif
We found Goldie dead with his neck all bent up. He was the best happy accident. I am so upset i just....poor sunny can imagine what shes feeling. Now i need a new Buff Orpington Roo
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom