broody frizzle sitting on fifteen muscovy eggs

Quote:
Nah, she won't care that they don't look like chicks. Where she's going to be in for a shock is when her "chicks" decide to jump into the pond for a swim.
lol.png

Quote:
You have enough days left to allow time to build and adjust a homemade "hatcher" into which you could transfer the chicken eggs at "lockdown" time. A simple affair made from a styrofoam cooler would suffice. (see homemade incubators here on BYC). Up until then, I see no particular reason to separate the eggs in your incubator....Humidity should perhaps be a wee-bit higher...but probably isn't necessary to have "High-Humidity" until "Lockdown" time for the ducks.

Just an option for you,
idunno.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

I just candled. None of the muscovy eggs are fertile. Its day seven and they show absolutely nothing. Of the nine shipped chicken eggs, four look great- three have loose air cells but show growth and two show nothing at all. I will wait until Day 18, and then I will stick the chicken eggs under my Frizzle.

I dont understand how the 'scovies could be infertile when that seems to be how my males spend their days.

Back
Top Bottom