Broody in Feb!!!??

Me too! need chicks...need chicks...need chicks...
clap.gif

My little silkie became broody about three weeks ago. I too tried to break her of this. She quit laying eggs and was jumping from nest to nest to sit on everyone elses eggs. We have no rooster, so I decided to get some fertile eggs from my father-in-law's farm and she is sitting on them just like they are her own!
smile.png

I am not sure if she is doing a very good job, however. I have seen her leave the nest to drink and quickly scratch around a bit, and some of the eggs are not always underneath her. I guess I will just have to wait and see!

i have a broody golden laced wyandotte sitting on 6 eggs since monday. shes a first time broody a year old in april. i have a white rock rooster been with the flock since last august. so hopefully i will have chicks around march 15 or so .
big_smile.png

Quote:
We're all with you. I have eggs under a broody with like 15 days and an bator at my friends with 17 days and I will be putting eggs in my BRAND NEW bator of my very own....on Friday.
big_smile.png

I thought it would help if I posted some more pics of mine that are now two weeks old
lol.png
I tried to get a pic of the black one, it is always riding on top of mama's back but of course when I got the camera he decided to hide

Can you find the babies?

27698_100_2595.jpg

27698_100_2596.jpg

Back
Top Bottom