Brown Leghorn or Game hen, I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't mean to confuse--not sure what you're confused about?

1. I don't think the hen in the photo you posted is a light brown Leghorn because the comb is wrong. For it to be a Leghorn, it should have a comb like the one my dark brown Leghorn has.

2. My hen isn't a black Leghorn, she's a dark brown Leghorn. Here is how the dark brown Leghorn is described by the American Brown Leghorn Club: As the brown leghorn was coming into its own, around the turn of the century, breeders prized darker, wine colored male birds while preferring a light olive brown female. This eventually gave rise to two separate varieties. The Dark Brown Leghorns, male and female, are a deep shade of mahogany, accented with fiery dark red and lustrous greenish black. The Light Brown female is a warm olive brown color over the back with a breast of rich salmon.

Does that clear things up?

Didn't mean to confuse--not sure what you're confused about?

1. I don't think the hen in the photo you posted is a light brown Leghorn because the comb is wrong. For it to be a Leghorn, it should have a comb like the one my dark brown Leghorn has.

2. My hen isn't a black Leghorn, she's a dark brown Leghorn. Here is how the dark brown Leghorn is described by the American Brown Leghorn Club: As the brown leghorn was coming into its own, around the turn of the century, breeders prized darker, wine colored male birds while preferring a light olive brown female. This eventually gave rise to two separate varieties. The Dark Brown Leghorns, male and female, are a deep shade of mahogany, accented with fiery dark red and lustrous greenish black. The Light Brown female is a warm olive brown color over the back with a breast of rich salmon.

Does that clear things up?
Yes, lol
ya.gif
, So is it a Game hen?

most of my chickens never had real big combs till they were laying for a while. yea they are hers and what is she if she ant a leghorn
and they are bad smiley faces
somad.gif
rant.gif
sickbyc.gif

most of my chickens never had real big combs till they were laying for a while. yea they are hers and what is she if she ant a leghorn
and they are bad smiley faces
somad.gif
rant.gif
sickbyc.gif

I have no clue what she is. I could also be wrong and she could be a Leghorn, but she doesn't look like any Leghorn I've had comb-wise, although the tail looks like one. There are a lot of people on here better at this than I am, so maybe you'll get a more "professional" answer later. Good luck.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom