Buff Laced Polish!!!

I am in. Just got my first polish trio and a buff laced hen. I have Black Copper Marans and 24 blue copper Maran eggs in the incubator, but had the opportunity to get some polish. You are so right. They are very loving little birds! I'm excited to learn about other people's experiences and learn more about this breed!

Joining in, have 8 little Buff-Laced polish chicks (and one lonely golden-laced Polish). They're just about 4 days old now, and they are just the neatest little things. Love their personalities all ready. A few look like they're going to have muffs as well as their crests. These were the only two that held still long enough for a picture.

We got our first Buff Laced Polish and she is just the cutest! She is super sweet to the other chicks and is really nice to me. Her name is Daphne and we know that she will grow up to be beautiful.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I've had my first batch of Polish crested chickens for about a year now, I have one male, and everytime I turn my back it attacks me, just a few minutes ago I walked next to the chicken's favorite roosting spot and he jumped down and hit me in the head

Last edited:
Meet Betty White!

She's a funny little character.

At around 2 months we had to give her a haircut because her poof was covering her little eyes!

And today, I need to figure out what to do about her filthy face! She is about 3 1/2 months old.

I have 4 of these right now. They are 2 months old so in another 3 weeks they will be getting their own little coop away from my other chicks. They are really sweet, I am enjoying them.

Joining, with a bit of a background story.

So in April of last year, I purchased my first, and only Polish. The feed store sold her to me as what they THOUGHT was a leghorn chick with brain cancer, and gave her to me for free. But I knew better than to believe what seemed to be a pool store selling baby chickens.

I knew she was a variety of top hat.

So I took her home, bought her some food and water containers, and set her up straight in a moving bin brooder. She, of course, was about a week old and the fluffiest thing you've ever seen!

Unfortunately she was lonely and at the time i didn't think of buying her a friend.

So I was holding her constantly, or having her chase me around the carpeted area of our front room like a tiny cotton ball with legs.

Finally when school started 2 days later, I knew I couldn't leave her at home by herself for 8-10 hours a day.

She needed a friend. So I bought her a 2 day old SL wyandotte friend, and from then on both babies were content to be 2 peas in a pod.

Or more, 2 baby chickens in a moving bin brooder.

Anyway as they started to grow, I realized that the little BL polish, Dory, was very easily finding a way to fly out of the box at 2 weeks old, and i got a bigger moving bin.

that stopped her and winnie (the SL wyandotte) for about an hour before they discovered they could jump on top of the waterer and then out of the box.

Finally after about a week of covering the brooder for the day with a towel, I decided it was time for them to do day trips outside.

It started with a few hours, then every other day, and then finally, they were outside in their own coop permanently.

I began to let them mingle with the big birds at about 4 months old, (which I had 8 of at the time), and things seemed to be going rather well during free ranging, besides a few but pinches and dominance scuffles, which both birds were getting into with the head mamma.

So I separated them again for a few weeks, and the day after another free ranging period, where one of the mommas had pulled a head feather from Dory, I kept them in their own separate coop for the night.

I went out the next morning to find Dory standing awkwardly unbalanced in the middle of the coop, not running from my grasp or even acknowledging my existence until I picked her up.

She gave me a pitiful peep, and then fell asleep in my arms where I carried her worriedly to the house.

It only went downhill from there. Dory had suffered a head injury from one of the scuffles with the big momma, and it obviously affected her ability to live a healthy life.

For 2 months, I cared for her, hoping and praying she would get better, by some miracle would pull throgh and be my bousterous polish chick again, not this half dead chick who I had to syringe feed 5 times a day and help her swallow and position her to sleep so she could breathe.

For 2 months, and then on July 16th she passed away in her sleep.

I will always miss my favorite little bird, who was always excited to see me in the mornings and loved to be held and petted and blow dried after a bath.

But let this not end sadly, I have made her a brightly colored burial stone and she rests peacefully under one of the young ash trees in our backyard.

I will always remember her for the good she brought into my life.

Now, nearly 4 months since then, I have obtained a new set of Buff Laced Polish through a donation to my school, and I am still just as in love with the breed as I was on the day I first got Dory.

So yes there is my story. I have only had the new Polish for about a week and a half now, but I will be taking LOTS more photos and updating frequently!

I was wondering if anyone on here sells adult BLPs? I am immediately looking for a roo, but would be open to a pair or trio...and a retiring roo is fine too. Any leads would be most appreciated! Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone on here sells adult BLPs? I am immediately looking for a roo, but would be open to a pair or trio...and a retiring roo is fine too. Any leads would be most appreciated! Thank you!

What would you be wanting to use their precious butss for?

show?

petting zoo?

home protectin'? (My three boys make a great guard dog squad)

Back
Top Bottom