*Buff Orpington Thread!*

This is my lemon cuckoo rooster. He's so pretty.

He is very beautiful!

Thank you he hatched in early may. I have two girls his age too one very light colored and a buff color with black lace looking feathers around her neck and 4 Little 2 month olds that are all buffs. My first time having chickens and I'm addicted. I lucked into orpingtons. I knew nothing about bird breeds lol.

Last edited:
My Feb. 26 Buffs still haven't laid *sigh*

On the plus side, I got six Barred Rocks that hatched in April and four of them are laying! Maybe I can hatch out some black sex links this winter.

My Feb. 26 Buffs still haven't laid *sigh*

On the plus side, I got six Barred Rocks that hatched in April and four of them are laying! Maybe I can hatch out some black sex links this winter.
Can you post photos of your BO's?

My may 1st hens haven't either. Good egg laying luck for us both.
Nope, doesn't look like she is ready
smile.png

Patience.

My 27 April hatches are just starting to lay and 16 May aren't even close yet. It's the waiting part that's the worst! I hope your Feb babies start soon. What's their feed they are on? I know it doesn't mean much just curious. I change them over at 16wks

[SIZE=4[B]]Here are a couple of our buffs sharing space in the communal nest this morning...they have just started laying during the past 10-12 days...getting about 6 eggs a day right now from 16 pullets. These 2 have all the room they need to spread out but they seem to like laying right together like they are best friends and talking about boys...(rosters)....ha!
[/B]
[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom