Bugs & Problems With The New Platform

Nifty, when I go to the homepage, the one with the carousel, I get this error. I logged in fine and everything else is showing up, but the homepage doesn't.

And the smiley in my signature isn't showing up.

test... :)
;) :woot

Last edited:
I'm not getting email notifications for my subscriptions, I've even tried resubscribing because I thought that was the problem, no love.

Sometimes when I hit backspace while typing a post it'll shoot be back to the previous line or period, I'm not sure which since i'm staring at my hands (horrible typer, but atleast I sue more than 2 fingers
big_smile.png
)

I should probably read all posts prior to replying, but I'm afraid I'll forget.

I, too, have noticed that while drafting a pm, I had the RETURN button shift the entire line on which I'd just typed DOWN a line. It was as if I'd hit 'HOME' prior to return...but at the time I was working on a mac, which requires a completely different, 2-key combination to accomplish that, so I'm certain after duplicating the problem it's the text editor.

I did not have this issue in the sandbox.

I logged in, noted that the box was checked by default to remain logged in. I posted one post in the great announcement thread. Then I went to my profile; I noticed a couple things.
The login box still appeared in the upper right, and it had my handle and (hidden by asterisks) password. In my profile, it had my handle in the e-mail box, it had a password (hidden by asterisks) in the pw box, and the username and all the other boxes were empty. I saw a link to log in with an existing account, so I clicked that, logged in, and now in the upper right it says Gargoyle-logout (the correct thing to appear there).

So I had to log in twice in two minutes even though the box to remain logged in was checked.
I just had to login again after responding to a previous post, as well. We'll see if it is required after this post...

Okay, the second login worked. I had logged in, responded to a private message, then came to this thread. I responded to a post, then was taken to the end of the thread, so I navigated back to page one, where I was suddenly no longer logged in. I continued to read and had to log in again to respond to another post, after which I was taken to the end of the thread, page 3. I navigated back to page 2, but remained logged in this time. I'm responding again, after which I'll navigate to page 1 and see what happens. I won't post again if all is well.

I *think* this is a bug. I clicked on "new posts" and then "new posts" again. I found a thread I've been following that runs over 100 pages. So I clicked on the little icon to the left that is supposed to take you to the first unread post, but instead it took me to the first post. I.e. Page 1.

I tried this on two different threads that I was following on the old site - one with 100 pages and one with only 4 pages, but in both cases it took me to the first post instead of the first unread post.

Is it possible that the settings showing which posts we've previously read did not migrate, or have not yet migrated?

I'm not able to see any of the smiley's in anybodys posts. Where the smiley should be it just shows a small white box with a red x in it. Is this a problem other people are having or is it an issue with my computer?

im not seeing them either, even when I post. Just see the name of it, for ex. "sad". Also, and this is a biggie, Im no longer getting email notifications for my subscribed threads, even when I resubscribed and checked Immediately. ???

Is anybody with a Blackberry having problems posting messages? When I hit reply, i go to the top of the page and no message is sent.

I also get a message that the Blackberry browser doesn't work with the text editor.

The bug I have found so far is I posted a reply in my SC thread and it says I am off line where the post I put above it says I am on line. Funny!

I am running into this one, too. Top of the page says I am logged out, but in other places it shows I am here. No big deal...just odd.

Back
Top Bottom