Buildng our first Chicken coop.

Ro-Ro

Chirping
Dec 7, 2015
Florida
Will put up some more pictures as we continue to finish our coop.
1f413.png
1f413.png

This has been so much fun but a bit tiring. We are almost done. I can't wait to move my 2 babies in. (Lol) i already painted the coop put the nesting area and even hung up a pic for them. Still have to get the steel roof put on and some other little things but it looks great. No plans just my imagination. Makes me think about my dad. He loved his chickens. He just passed away in August. I think he would be so proud of my coop. I helped him built his. I have pics to but not the end results yet.

Last edited:
Chickencanoe That is their nesting box. There are actually 2 of them. Still not completely finished yet. I thought it would be easy to clean if I used a pan. We plan on making holes and putting chicken wire over them so that no other critters can get in. Ventilation is important especially in Florida.

Just make sure the nests aren't under the roosts or there will always be feces in them. Better yet, the chickens shouldn't have to walk under the roost to enter the nests or they can track feces into the nests as they walk under Unless you clean the coop every morning when they wake up.

Just make sure the nests aren't under the roosts or there will always be feces in them. Better yet, the chickens shouldn't have to walk under the roost to enter the nests or they can track feces into the nests as they walk under Unless you clean the coop every morning when they wake up.
Thxs, Plan on changing things around a bit. So many great ideas that keep coming up. Love it. Keeps me busy.

Update on my coop. Added ventilation and moved the roost to the other side. Almost done. Yayy
1f604.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

I drew these chickens myself. Lol

Last edited:
Repainted the coop. Hubby will put steel roof later today and we will be done. Next to build the run. I know these chickens will be excited. I know I am.
1f604.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

Back
Top Bottom