Buildng our first Chicken coop.

Looking again.....they might be able to jump down from the shorter cross roost. I decided to move the one roost to the other side and a bit lower so that they can stare at each other all night if they want. (Lol) I think they look happy so far.

Quote: That looks like it will work, they can both fit on the on roost going across.
What is that bin up there for?
You could make a roost with a poop board under it over the nest below.

This is what looked too crowded to me.

That looks like it will work, they can both fit on the on roost going across. What is that bin up there for? You could make a roost with a poop board under it over the nest below. This is what looked too crowded to me.
I left the bin there for show but I actually switched the poopy one for the clean one. Was planning on using it to put sand. So the chicks can have a clean dust bath. It will be placed in the run under their house since I noticed they like dust bathing in that spot.
1f413.png
1f413.png

Chicken coop is completed. Added some flowers and lights. The girls seem happy.
side door so they can roam in the yard.
Dixie chic
Piper.

The girls seem happy.
Dixie chic Piper.
Sorry to tell you this, but you should know....that Piper appears to be a boy.
How old are they?
That big and red of a comb and wattles at around 6 weeks old is most probably a cockerel.

I can tell now that it is a lot bigger then what I originally thought, it looks great. Good luck with your chicken experience!

Sorry to tell you this, but you should know....that Piper appears to be a boy.
How old are they?
That big and red of a comb and wattles at around 6 weeks old is most probably a cockerel.
I kind of figured that Piper was a boy and a lot of you wonderful people have confirmed it for me. I wish rooster wouldn't be so loud. He is such a good boy.
2764.png
They are Barred Rock but was told my hen could be a Maran because of her sexy white legs. Lol

I kind of figured that Piper was a boy and a lot of you wonderful people have confirmed it for me. I wish rooster wouldn't be so loud. He is such a good boy.
2764.png
They are Barred Rock but was told my hen could be a Maran because of her sexy white legs. Lol
Piper is 9 weeks old and Dixie chic is 10 to 11 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom