BYC Android App!!!!

Pics
@Toddrick I have a Galaxy s5 Sport... I'll try the new app version... just an fyi, I hadn't tried the original, lol... :)

Cool, thanks! There is no need to have used the prior version. If you have any difficulties please let me know, but please do not uninstall so fixes will get applied automatically.

Major changes are about complete! This new build is more of a "hybrid app" and not just a webview. The ActionBar now basically replaces all functionality from the mobile menu. And it isn't just a plain menu bar, it is dynamic (especially if you have Android 5). In my testing the ActionBar has really been an improvement because you don't have to wait for a page to load before you click the mobile menu icon, and more importantly, you don't ever really have to click the mobile menu, which is sometimes finicky, and takes up half the screen. The ActionBar menu always responds instantly, even if you are in the middle of loading a page, and this drastically increases performance.

I still would like to get at least a few beta testers' input before going live with it. It is super easy to install the Beta, and it will automatically be updated to Production when the time comes. All you have to do is click this link, and you'll get the new version instantly.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.backyardchickens

Here is a sample:

Is there a way to install it directly? I tried to sign up but I never got the prompt to update and I can't seem to figure out how to find it otherwise?

If you sign in to Google with the same account on your phone, then the app will automatically update itself to newest version if it was already installed. If you have never installed the app, then just install it from the Play app store (you can use the link in my signature, or simply search the Play store for "BYC").

In other words, if you've accepted the Beta program then the normal app in the app store essentially just becomes the Beta version.

Last edited:
Toddrick, I updated it but still have severe lag issues with the keyboard... also, since the update it keeps stopping, a lot... didn't do that before the update at all...

Toddrick, I updated it but still have severe lag issues with the keyboard... also, since the update it keeps stopping, a lot... didn't do that before the update at all...

I noticed that too, and I think I already fixed those issues, and the update should appear within a couple hours. It seems to take about 4 hours after I publish them.

Again, if anyone has issues please don't uninstall, as I can fix them really quickly if you leave it installed.

Ravyn, thanks for all your help!!!

thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I noticed that too, and I think I already fixed those issues, and the update should appear within a couple hours. It seems to take about 4 hours after I publish them. 

Again, if anyone has issues please don't uninstall, as I can fix them really quickly if you leave it installed.

Ravyn, thanks for all your help!!!

:thumbsup

Welcome! Happy to help!

Thank you for listening and doing all this awesome work!!

:thumbsup

I introduced a couple major bugs today on accident (ugh, sorry). The new update has been published and will be available this evening.

• Notifications now have an audible alert option when you enable them.
  • Notifications are paused when the app is opened (and other tweaks).
  • The in-app alerts should be more timely.
  • Long touching on the page will prompt to transfer to the browser.
  • The Desktop mode is optimized now.

Hopefully I won't need any updates for a while, but please report any problems. Thanks!

I introduced a couple major bugs today on accident (ugh, sorry). The new update has been published and will be available this evening.

• Notifications now have an audible alert option when you enable them.
  • Notifications are paused when the app is opened (and other tweaks).
  • The in-app alerts should be more timely.
  • Long touching on the page will prompt to transfer to the browser.
  • The Desktop mode is optimized now.

Hopefully I won't need any updates for a while, but please report any problems. Thanks!

I'm stuck in computer mode. When I click the computer/phone icon it changes and reloads but the page always stays in computer mode. It won't let me zoom in do I can't see anything lol any idea on what's wrong?

Back
Top Bottom