BYC Android App!!!!

Pics
I noticed if you search the playstore for BYC, it'll say update while in your list... if you click on the app, it loses the update option... click on update while it's in the list and it should work that way... hope this helps... :)
Bummer, I'm still not seeingan update. Could be my phone?

I just pushed out a new update that adds "Loading..." to the launch screen and an About menu item, which displays the version (6.0.35). It fixes the keyboard hiding text, and he issue of ads blocking buttons, but I didn't find any problems with notifications. Let me know if you get this update and whether you still have the problem.

No, I don't think it is your phone. I think I know what happened now. I think your saved notification preference cannot be updated because it is corrupt. So all you should need to do is LOGOUT to clear the stuck preference. (You could also go into app settings and clear the App Data). The next update should automatically reset the notifications and eliminate the issue for anyone affected.

Once again, I cannot overstate that your input has been invaluable. It could have taken me weeks to discover this on my own. ;)

Last edited:
The current version in the app store has the following improvements:

- Counter badges for replies and msgs always show on top menu buttons.
- Resuming the app will refresh the page automatically, as well as redirect to new msgs/replies.
- Quick Search lets you search BYC from any page instantly.
- Simplified menu. Home and Close are now combined into the existing app icon.

You will have the best experience if notifications are enabled--even if you ignore them--because whenever you open the app it will already know the current status of your interests, and act as a concierge.

I was so excited to find there was a byc app however I cannot login to the app. I have no trouble logging in on the website so I know I have the correct login info

Last edited:
 ACTUALLY I AM USING ANDROID 4.4.2

Very strange. This could be helpful information, because I've only been able to replicate it on 3.0. A fix might be possible after all. I'll run some more tests and try and send out an update within a week. So if you leave it installed it should update automatically, and once you see the update, try again.

The next update will also include some new features like context menus (long touch) for copy/paste, copy URL, open image full screen, download image, etc. I'm also going to try and re-add the option to use the camera to take new photos during image upload again (Android version dependent). Any other ideas would be appreciated.

The current version in the app store has the following improvements:

- Counter badges for replies and msgs always show on top menu buttons.
- Resuming the app will refresh the page automatically, as well as redirect to new msgs/replies.
- Quick Search lets you search BYC from any page instantly.
- Simplified menu. Home and Close are now combined into the existing app icon.

You will have the best experience if notifications are enabled--even if you ignore them--because whenever you open the app it will already know the current status of your interests, and act as a concierge.

I dunno if it's connected to the 'resume app, refreshes automatically' part, but now I can't upload any pics... as soon as I choose a pic instead of the loading circle it refreshes the page and I lose the pic and post... :/

Other than that, the new stuff is good, lol... :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom