BYC Café

My pet javalena was a 1 person animal. He started out being friendly with everyone but one day just turned into a 1 person pig.
He tried to be the Alpha with me one night while I was processing deer. He got in the walkin freezer and would not come out...in trying to get him out I inadvertently dropped a deer neck on his head ('bout 20lbs) he didn't like that too much. He started popping his teeth and trying to attack me. I had a big thick plastic top to a meat tote, between him and me. I just kept kicking it right into his nose until I thought he had gone down for the count. He came too but ever after I was the Boss! ;) He made the best watch dog ever...nothing got by him and he could hear an ant walking, so no one ever tried to sneak around my place. :D

Haha! We used to have a couple of hogs growing up that always got a kick to the snout. Feeder pigs get mean since you only feed and water them.

Wow i had no idea pigs were so vicious and scary!! Are pot bellied pigs and the “mini” pigs like that too? Don’t think I want a pet pig lol

Hammy was a potbelly. He was an awesome pet! He wasn't being mean he actually would nudge me with his nose and his tusks were just starting to grow and he got me. I would totally have another but it's too hot in summer here and I already have 3 dogs plus the chickens. They are just as smart as dogs, just as trainable and loving. They do NOT like their food to be late though lol. They like to keep you to a schedule so if you start out feeding piglet at 0400, don't even think about being late for breakfast when they're full grown!

Hammy was a potbelly. He was an awesome pet! He wasn't being mean he actually would nudge me with his nose and his tusks were just starting to grow and he got me. I would totally have another but it's too hot in summer here and I already have 3 dogs plus the chickens. They are just as smart as dogs, just as trainable and loving. They do NOT like their food to be late though lol. They like to keep you to a schedule so if you start out feeding piglet at 0400, don't even think about being late for breakfast when they're full grown!

Yep! Miss Piggy’s tusks are small since she is a female. They get rambunctious at times too! Miss Piggy loves to run around in circles

Pedro got me one time when he was about 1 month old, I had him on a leash and walking him. He had a cactus thorn in the side of his neck, under the collar. I had to jerk on the collar to get him to come along. It obviously hurt him and he took it out on me. He bit my calf, through the boot, and about a 1/2" into the flesh. It put a major hurt on me! If he had been any bigger I'm sure he would have broken the bones. Unbelievable the strength of their jaw muscles, even at that age.

Wow he sounds awesome!! Yeah I’ve seen videos and stuff of them doing tricks and read about how smart pigs are and how they’re actually pretty clean animals. They seem cool.

Yep! Miss Piggy’s tusks are small since she is a female. They get rambunctious at times too! Miss Piggy loves to run around in circles

Awww

Pedro got me one time when he was about 1 month old, I had him on a leash and walking him. He had a cactus thorn in the side of his neck, under the collar. I had to jerk on the collar to get him to come along. It obviously hurt him and he took it out on me. He bit my calf, through the boot, and about a 1/2" into the flesh. It put a major hurt on me! If he had been any bigger I'm sure he would have broken the bones. Unbelievable the strength of their jaw muscles, even at that age.

Oh wow!!!

My pet javalena was a 1 person animal. He started out being friendly with everyone but one day just turned into a 1 person pig.
He tried to be the Alpha with me one night while I was processing deer. He got in the walkin freezer and would not come out...in trying to get him out I inadvertently dropped a deer neck on his head ('bout 20lbs) he didn't like that too much. He started popping his teeth and trying to attack me. I had a big thick plastic top to a meat tote, between him and me. I just kept kicking it right into his nose until I thought he had gone down for the count. He came too but ever after I was the Boss! ;) He made the best watch dog ever...nothing got by him and he could hear an ant walking, so no one ever tried to sneak around my place. :D
:goodpost:

You are Boss Hog!

upload_2019-6-11_15-17-10.png

They do get crazy! Hamton and our dog Martina would play chase...she would herd him fir a while, then he'd do the same to her. Loved that little dood! It's too bad Miss Piggy was abused as a piglet, that will likely stay with her for the rest of her life. She's lucky to have you :highfive:I love seeing her picture in your welcomes to the newbies.

Back
Top Bottom