BYC Café

That's too funny. I've always got my pocket knife and my chapstick, always. Except my "chapstick" is the round blistex things instead!
We grew up living in a house that was inside the first rows of a Prune Orchard. We were outside a lot and needed the knife and chap stick often.

This has transferred to my daughters though. My oldest was very excited when I gave her a pack of pocket knives for Christmas one year.

I still have a knife handy all the time but cannot take one with me much anymore. Too many places do not allow them

Believe it or not, there was an incident near Charlotte recently when a uniformed cop went to a jeweler's to pick up an engagement ring during his lunch break. The manager told him it was against company policy to carry a gun in the store. The LEO informed the manager that it was against his "company's" policy for him to not have the gun on him while he was in uniform. The manager told him he'd just have to come back sometime when he didn't have the gun with him. When corporate was contacted, they said they'd have to have a little staff review of policy regarding uniformed police officers . . . .:th

Believe it or not, there was an incident near Charlotte recently when a uniformed cop went to a jeweler's to pick up an engagement ring during his lunch break. The manager told him it was against company policy to carry a gun in the store. The LEO informed the manager that it was against his "company's" policy for him to not have the gun on him while he was in uniform. The manager told him he'd just have to come back sometime when he didn't have the gun with him. When corporate was contacted, they said they'd have to have a little staff review of policy regarding uniformed police officers . . . .:th
Oh My!

Here a Farm worker(Hispanic) was Walking home from renewing his license when 3 plain clothed members of the Gang unit stopped him on an overpass. He ran and may have not known what was going on. He allegedly pulled a pocket knife(not a big one) and continued to run. He was shot three times in the back and killed.

Under California's current shooting law, they were justified since the sheriffs were "scared".

A new law and training will go into effect in January

A silly thing to post but I'm extremely pleased with myself for hanging on to this knife for all these years and the replacement hickory handle I made for it.
This is the model when bought.
https://pumaknifecompanyusa.com/Puma-Master-German-Made-Folding-Knife-P225.aspx
This is mine.
P6251613.JPG

P6251614.JPG

While I'm at it.
This is broody case No 23 this year. She's havin a larf right. There is no way that's a safe nest! She's in her coop now looking very pissy.:love
P6251612.JPG

And this is broody case No 24 this year.
P6251616.JPG

P6251615.JPG

This is about as safe as it gets. Bright shot with main light on and dark shot with light on in the kitchen area so I can see to cook my supper.
I put the bits of plywood up at night to keep the light out of their eyes.
I'm nuts right? someone tell me I need to get some help.:rolleyes:

A silly thing to post but I'm extremely pleased with myself for hanging on to this knife for all these years and the replacement hickory handle I made for it.
This is mine.
View attachment 1824774
View attachment 1824775
While I'm at it.
This is broody case No 23 this year. She's havin a larf right. There is no way that's a safe nest! She's in her coop now looking very pissy.:love
View attachment 1824783
And this is broody case No 24 this year.View attachment 1824790
View attachment 1824791
This is about as safe as it gets. Bright shot with main light on and dark shot with light on in the kitchen area so I can see to cook my supper.
I had a knife that was similar to that one growing up. I lost it in a creek though.

I really liked that knife! I also had one with a fish scaler on it.

This is mine.
View attachment 1824774
View attachment 1824775
While I'm at it.
View attachment 1824783
And this is broody case No 24 this year.View attachment 1824790
View attachment 1824791
I have several Puma knives. One of the best manufactured knife around.

Back
Top Bottom