BYC Café

Hope you hubby's trip goes well, DL. Are you taking him or are they coming to pick him up?

I met his daughter half way to her house. The trip back was horrible! I hit rush hour traffic in Wilkes-Barre and came to a dead stop in Binghamton due to an accident in the construction zone. It literally took me 15 minutes to travel 3 miles. Home now and exhausted.

I have now swatted 263 mosquitoes in under two weeks.......not that I'm on a mission or anything.

Maybe it's because I'm punchy from the drive, because this post stuck out in the middle of totally unrelated topics or simply because it's damn funny but I burst out laughing when I read this! Sorry, Shad. I hope the blood loss was entirely from the mosquitoes.

Last edited:
IMG_20190816_195120755.jpg

Poor Barb actually looks like a young mother of 3 toddlers who has torn out half her hair.
She's down to one tail feather.
And just look at Junior sitting so prim and proper with glorious new baby feathers.

View attachment 1879932
Poor Barb actually looks like a young mother of 3 toddlers who has torn out half her hair.
She's down to one tail feather.
And just look at Junior sitting so prim and proper with glorious new baby feathers.

:lau OMG poor thing!! You should do a before and after comparison!! “Pregnancy” glow or even new mom pride compared to run down exhausted please just cool your jets and listen to me look now :lau

Google it for your location or zone.

Okay I’ll do that. But I guess I was wondering if I could keep it inside? Like even after the frost date? Could I keep it alive and/or get lettuce over winter if it had enough sunlight or a grow light? I read peppers are perennials and can be kept alive over winter if brought in or even can produce but didn’t know if it was possible with lettuce. Even if it’s not a perennial that is fine but do you think it’s possible to be able to get lettuce over winter?

Okay I’ll do that. But I guess I was wondering if I could keep it inside? Like even after the frost date? Could I keep it alive and/or get lettuce over winter if it had enough sunlight or a grow light? I read peppers are perennials and can be kept alive over winter if brought in or even can produce but didn’t know if it was possible with lettuce. Even if it’s not a perennial that is fine but do you think it’s possible to be able to get lettuce over winter?
If it can get enough light and proper watering, idk why not. You could plant in window boxes for ease in moving.

If it can get enough light and proper watering, idk why not. You could plant in window boxes for ease in moving.

Okay thank you!! That is helpful. I think I am going to try it and see. Maybe a bit of an experiment haha

I really wish I had planted some sooner though because it would have been really nice to have some fresh lettuce/salads with all my other vegetables. :hit

But I was so focused on getting everything else planted I just completely forgot to do the lettuce haha

I met his daughter half way to her house. The trip back was horrible! I hit rush hour traffic in Wilkes-Barre and came to a dead stop in Binghamton due to an accident in the construction zone. It literally took me 15 minutes to travel 3 miles. Home now and exhausted.

Maybe it's because I'm punchy from the drive, because this post stuck out in the middle of totally unrelated topics or simply because it's damn funny but I burst out laughing when I read this! Sorry, Shad. I hope the blood loss was entirely from the mosquitoes.
Traffic can be terrible! Google routed us away from an accident on the way to Muir Woods on Wednesday morning and then another one on the way home that afternoon!

Bay area traffic LOL!

Okay thank you!! That is helpful. I think I am going to try it and see. Maybe a bit of an experiment haha

I really wish I had planted some sooner though because it would have been really nice to have some fresh lettuce/salads with all my other vegetables. :hit

But I was so focused on getting everything else planted I just completely forgot to do the lettuce haha
Fall crops are: Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, lettuce, carrots and cauliflower.

You could get a crop of edible flowers going to but they might not have enough time where you are. You also might want to start from plants and not seeds...very soon!

Back
Top Bottom