BYC Café

So this afternoon they had a 'life celebration' for Jerry. Well, it was all there - pictures of his childhood, family, dogs - all of it, and then there was a viewing with an open casket ? I'm standing in line with fellow mourners, ribbon and win money from the last trial in hand ready to hand it to Sue, Jerry's wife. I'm looking at what's left of him in that box, and the voices came out "Here Buddy this is yours" as I laid the ribbon on his chest. Sue saw and heard me and started crying - me too. I said, "I don't know if that's appropriate or not, but it's his." The turnout was as you might expect - family, friends, co workers, folks from the sport. The drive out there was horrendous. Evening traffic on the Pa. Turnpike, and Jerry's voice in my head saying, "Squirrel, why are you doing this ?" "Because I love you, man." I dreaded this all day long, but it was good. The ride home was joyous and peaceful. It now looks as if I am responsible for rehoming his dogs. I'll get it done.
I'm so sorry about your friend, Sour. Glad that you got some closure.

So this afternoon they had a 'life celebration' for Jerry. Well, it was all there - pictures of his childhood, family, dogs - all of it, and then there was a viewing with an open casket ? I'm standing in line with fellow mourners, ribbon and win money from the last trial in hand ready to hand it to Sue, Jerry's wife. I'm looking at what's left of him in that box, and the voices came out "Here Buddy this is yours" as I laid the ribbon on his chest. Sue saw and heard me and started crying - me too. I said, "I don't know if that's appropriate or not, but it's his." The turnout was as you might expect - family, friends, co workers, folks from the sport. The drive out there was horrendous. Evening traffic on the Pa. Turnpike, and Jerry's voice in my head saying, "Squirrel, why are you doing this ?" "Because I love you, man." I dreaded this all day long, but it was good. The ride home was joyous and peaceful. It now looks as if I am responsible for rehoming his dogs. I'll get it done.

Rehoming your friends dogs will be a helpful service to his wife and your friend. Glad you found some peace today Sour. :hugs

Well today is actually shaping up to be a great day after all.

I had to come home for lunch to take care of the animals and found that Seneca has given me her very first egg! :love

View attachment 1890283
The pale blue egg (hard to see with this lighting) below hers is from Amelia who hasn't laid in about 3 weeks due to her molt. :love:love

View attachment 1890272

And, drum roll please, it appears I will be made an offer at the company headquarters afterall working in SureScan which is where I wanted to go in the first place!! :love:love:love

What a relief not having to wonder what I am going to do when unenjoyment runs out.
Congratulations! :wee
Lots of great news for you! ❤️

Morning Dobie
Morning, Debby.
Not long after I posted that I ended up racing Fuji to the vet. Straight out of bed. I at least put on jeans but no shoes.
Fuji is severely dizzy and fell out of the bed. Couldn't walk or stand and was arching her head over her back with her legs rigid. Almost like a seizure but she was aware.
The vet I went to was closed. So I went home and wrapped her up in a towel and shoved her in the cat carrier. Took care of the rest of the animals, properly dressed myself and took her to my regular vet. The dizziness has lessened but she still can't walk. They are running blood work now.

Back
Top Bottom