BYC Café

Her blood work call back all normal.
She is still dizzy.
The vet gave me meclizine to treat the vertigo. She just had a dose so I am hoping she will show more improvement by the time I come home at lunch.
She could have a brain tumor or something idiopathic.
They did tell me her heart sounded terrible, sotalol or no.
So I guess I'm at the stage where I just try to keep her quality of life good and treat the symptoms as they arise. Her heart issues preclude any surgeries so the MCT on her chest is staying.
I'm going to lock her in the bathroom with a blanket, water and a potty pad as I don't want her jumping on then falling off the furniture in my absence.
You see? THIS is how my life goes. Yesterday I get a boost and today I get slapped right back down. :barnie
Yup, that's pretty much the way it goes. There is something to be said for the Buddhist concept of detachment and stability. I can't manage it myself.:p

@DobieLover good luck with Fuji.

Yup, they fight as a team more or less.

Observed this while in Hawaii . Two roosters shepherding the same group of hens - much larger rooster attempted to force breed a hen returning to the flock. At one call from her both flew to her protection, and the much bigger bird beat a hasty retreat. There was history there.

@DobieLover good luck with Fuji.

Observed this while in Hawaii . Two roosters shepherding the same group of hens - much larger rooster attempted to force breed a hen returning to the flock. At one call from her both flew to her protection, and the much bigger bird beat a hasty retreat. There was history there.
It seems you saw some interesting behavior in those semi feral flocks. I have some pictures of such chickens on a beach in Hawaii.

So this afternoon they had a 'life celebration' for Jerry. Well, it was all there - pictures of his childhood, family, dogs - all of it, and then there was a viewing with an open casket ? I'm standing in line with fellow mourners, ribbon and win money from the last trial in hand ready to hand it to Sue, Jerry's wife. I'm looking at what's left of him in that box, and the voices came out "Here Buddy this is yours" as I laid the ribbon on his chest. Sue saw and heard me and started crying - me too. I said, "I don't know if that's appropriate or not, but it's his." The turnout was as you might expect - family, friends, co workers, folks from the sport. The drive out there was horrendous. Evening traffic on the Pa. Turnpike, and Jerry's voice in my head saying, "Squirrel, why are you doing this ?" "Because I love you, man." I dreaded this all day long, but it was good. The ride home was joyous and peaceful. It now looks as if I am responsible for rehoming his dogs. I'll get it done.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for Fuji. I'll update on her condition when I see her this afternoon. :fl

Heart wrenching!!! :hit Hugs to both of you, Fuji, & Jerry's wife & dogs.:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Shad, whatever's going on I hope its not too bad & you get a handle on it soon. :fl

By the way, Cheap Shot tried to put the run on me in the coop last night. I stuck my foot up just in time, that fella is getting much more sturdy on his feet and far more accurate than he used to be. So I talked to him as he attacked my boot, and slowly let it down as I turned my body at an angle from him and he raised his head, lowered his hackles and walked away. I'm finding this much more helpful than trying to run his ass off. :smackNot really sure if this behavior is going to subside. Any suggestions? :confused:
Have you read this Meg. It might give you some ideas.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/understanding-your-rooster.75056/

Good morning.
20190828_111622.jpg
A pair of my quail.

Back
Top Bottom