BYC Café

A bit of bum cleaning today. Both Ruffles and Fat Bird don't have quite the same expulsion velocity they did when they were younger..............and not quite so large at the rear end.:hmm
I couldn't keep Ruffles still for long enough because of her chick bouncing around shouting the house down. Her bum is pretty bad.:sick
Nolia has ripped a toe nail off. Not much blood but I bet it's painful. I cleaned it up and applied a coat of 50/50 Vaseline and Betadine hoping it will help keep infection away.
She's one of the three sitting hens.
There is something wrong with Donk. She's sort of sulking. I think she misses the company of her daughter Knock who has two chicks and spends her day a bit away from her tribe.

So I should have known that one way or another I was going to burst out crying when I came home with either tears of grief or tears of joy.
She's 90% better!! Jumping up to greet me is a bad idea as that made her fall over and walk a little wobbly but otherwise she was a barking, bouncing little wiggle worm to see me! That is when the water works started...
View attachment 1891372
Pleased to read Fuji has improved. I don't understand what was/is wrong with her. Maybe I've missed a post.

So this is my take on the first cane
004.jpg
005.jpg

Thanks first venture in growing them I like them but fry them in a bit of peanut oil never cared for them as a child but Ma boiled everything to mush
I've never cooked them like that. I've always boiled, or baked them. I might try that. Do you slice them in half before frying?

Back
Top Bottom