BYC Café

Muffins out of the oven was right leaving them in closer to 20 minutes all said and done use silicone jumbo muffins cups buy papers that large at our kitchen store had to google the Catalan bread oven they sell them on Amazon but my oval roaster will do the same thing :gig
Some of my birds Molt like yours my olive egger goes almost bald poor girl
002.jpg

DL your lunch cruise sounds awesome! For Fall color (which I never get to see) I'd pick the lunch cruise too. For Summer, I'd probably go with the night cruise with the lights on the lake. Both sound dreamy!
If we do this again next year I'll consider a dinner cruise but you have to be careful if the Mayflies are breeding. We once did a sunset kayak trip down the Susquehanna and I must have eaten a dozen Mayflies. You could hardly keep your eyes open they were so thick at the water's surface.

Hello cafe,

We've been busy with chores for a couple of days. Have taken the dogs to the park both days and Frank came home like this today
20190901_080527.jpg

The other dog is a serious PITA and his owner has absolutely no clue. Frank got hold of the other dog after he was attacked and put a stop to everything. The owner of the other dog really doesn't know what he's doing and his dog doesn't listen to him at all. Really makes me mad because we intentionally go out to the back of the park to keep this crap from happening. The wound is superficial thankfully so we washed it and put some antibiotic ointment on it.

I ended up with 3 Turken mix chicks and 2 Dorking/Red Ranger chicks from my hatch this month so I'm done hatching for a while. If I indeed have a rooster in this batch I'll be pleased, current rooster is on borrowed time. I need an unrelated fella so hoping there's one or two to choose from.

Sorry for the novel, have a great evening all :frow

Fabio took several steps backwards today.
Mitigating factors:
Captain has had him on his toes since he came into lay.
I was using the dreaded power driver on the coop today installing a window.
He has "horny feet". They are very flushed.

He took a cheap shot and hit me high in the back of my thigh. No damage but man oh man, did he piss me off. The squash and snatch didn't go so well because I was carrying the afternoon mash. But I got him. He kept flogging the container. Idiot.

Last edited:
Hello cafe,

We've been busy with chores for a couple of days. Have taken the dogs to the park both days and Frank came home like this today
View attachment 1895164
The other dog is a serious PITA and his owner has absolutely no clue. Frank got hold of the other dog after he was attacked and put a stop to everything. The owner of the other dog really doesn't know what he's doing and his dog doesn't listen to him at all. Really makes me mad because we intentionally go out to the back of the park to keep this crap from happening. The wound is superficial thankfully so we washed it and put some antibiotic ointment on it.

I ended up with 3 Turken mix chicks and 2 Dorking/Red Ranger chicks from my hatch this month so I'm done hatching for a while. If I indeed have a rooster in this batch I'll be pleased, current rooster is on borrowed time. I need an unrelated fella so hoping there's one or two to choose from.

I wouldn't go to a dog park, never know what crazy dogs or idiot owners will be there.

Hello cafe,

View attachment 1895164

I ended up with 3 Turken mix chicks and 2 Dorking/Red Ranger chicjs from my hatch this month so I'm done hatching for a while.

Hardly a novel. Sorry that happened to Frank even though it looks superficial.

I had a similar issue at the dog park with Ben but he was just defending Fuji. A large yellow lab absolutely would not leave Fuji alone even though she was being very clear that she wanted the lab to go away and the lab ended up rolling her. A little 9.5# min pin getting rolled by an 80# lab. Ben rolled the lab and the owner had a fit. The funny thing is I never had to defend Ben. I had about three other people around me jump to his defense telling the owner that her dog was not listening to Fuji and was being too rough with her and Ben put a stop to it.

We still ended up leaving, all because an owner is floating around in La La Land and shouldn't have her dog at the dog park in the first place.

Okay to be honest I disagree with open dog parks there are too many people with less intelligence than their dogs or the fleas on their dogs View attachment 1895193

I think it depends. I know what you mean about the open ones. Sometimes with those you almost have more of a problem because idiots that have no control over their dogs can easily lose sight of them or let them run up to people or leashed dogs or whatever. We have a large field around here that is very popular to take dogs to and let them run around and it also has a beach in the back and a little section of woods so it is nice. Lots of people let their dogs run all around/through the fields and/or keep them leashed then let them off to play together at the beach. We’ve been there a few times and had pretty good experiences so far. But I know if I had a dog I was taking there every day, I’m sure I’d eventually run into issues as with any off leash situation haha

Back
Top Bottom