BYC Café

Morning cafe hope this finds all safe hopefully Dorian fizzles to just a storm, BF will be 73 in 3 days and going strong but keep him busy no doubt :lau thanks for the coffee making banana muffins this morning anyone want one :highfive:
Oh yes. I'm up for some banana muffins please. Can't get proper muffins here.:(

Don’t know if I ever posted the picture of last nights dinner? Think I just wrote about it haha but this was last night’s. Bison burger, sweet potato, and sautéed kale. Burnt everything so not exactly photo worthy but still tasted alright :lau :oops:

View attachment 1894995

And here is today’s lunch. Which I realize looks almost identical to yesterday’s dinner except this time it’s regular burger instead of bison burger and I steamed the kale instead of sautéing it. And I didn’t burn anything. :lau

View attachment 1894999 View attachment 1895000

Also this was my harvest from today. Yes just today. Sooooo many cucumbers LOL

View attachment 1894996 View attachment 1894998 View attachment 1894997
All that looks healthy enough. I thought you held your hand up to being a junk food eater.:confused:

The three witches are still sitting. They seem to have got themselves organized into a rota. I just haven't got the heart to chuck any of them out. I reduced the egg count this morning now that the critical first three day are well past. The smaller nest boxes seem to be working better allowing the hens to get on top of the eggs rather than have them spread around them.

All that looks healthy enough. I thought you held your hand up to being a junk food eater.:confused:

Well, normally I am but I’ve been trying to make a change lately! Been cooking up a storm instead of going out to eat or eating junk like usual haha its only been like a week that I’ve been doing this ha and it’s still not perfect. I have also gone to Subway once or twice this week as well as eaten a muffin, brownies, etc. I’ve made toast with peanut butter on it for dinner twice including at midnight one of those times. So it’s not perfect and I’m still a bit of a junk food addict :lau

But Ive been trying to resist and be better haha

Even when I’ve gone to Subway recently, I haven’t gotten any cookies, chips, or fountain drinks like I previously might have, and I’ve been getting a ton of vegetables on it and healthier meat and bread choices. Usually I just get the white bread with no vegetables whatsoever. :lau :oops:

And then now I’m trying not to eat there at all.

But sometimes I need something fast.

But I’m getting there haha

Well, normally I am but I’ve been trying to make a change lately! Been cooking up a storm instead of going out to eat or eating junk like usual haha its only been like a week that I’ve been doing this ha and it’s still not perfect. I have also gone to Subway once or twice this week as well as eaten a muffin, brownies, etc. I’ve made toast with peanut butter on it for dinner twice including at midnight one of those times. So it’s not perfect and I’m still a bit of a junk food addict :lau

But Ive been trying to resist and be better haha

Even when I’ve gone to Subway recently, I haven’t gotten any cookies, chips, or fountain drinks like I previously might have, and I’ve been getting a ton of vegetables on it and healthier meat and bread choices. Usually I just get the white bread with no vegetables whatsoever. :lau :oops:

And then now I’m trying not to eat there at all.

But sometimes I need something fast.

But I’m getting there haha
Good for you. Eating habits can be very hard to change. I am in a way lucky I suppose in that my rudimentary cooking skills were taught to me by my father, along with my sewing not so skilled and a reading habit.
The problem I find being single is mostly I just want to eat and the easiest route to achieve this is very simple cooking. I've never been a fast food fan. Most of what I see in such places looks pretty disgusting.

Good for you. Eating habits can be very hard to change. I am in a way lucky I suppose in that my rudimentary cooking skills were taught to me by my father, along with my sewing not so skilled and a reading habit.
The problem I find being single is mostly I just want to eat and the easiest route to achieve this is very simple cooking. I've never been a fast food fan. Most of what I see in such places looks pretty disgusting.

Thanks, definitely not easy and this is probably the longest I’ve stuck with it cause normally I quit after a few days haha but it’s kinda fun now :lau

I can cook pretty well cause I’m good at following directions but I’m still really slow at it and kind of jump around/don’t know what to do first so sometimes I burn stuff or am just bad at it haha but I try. And I still don’t know how to do most stuff, just simple stuff, but I’m getting there.

My parents really don’t cook. They used to but haven’t in a while which is why I usually would just go off and get something haha cause usually I also wait hours to eat or drink anything and then am too hungry :lau :oops:

But even when they did cook, my moms an awful cook lol but she can make some things. My dads alright but tends to make things his way/how he likes it ha

I admit I can’t sew and don’t read. :oops: I used to read all the time but haven’t since the phone/internet. :oops:

I usually do that too which is why I usually or previously used to end up just making eggs again or toast or a peanut butter and jelly or something fast haha or buying something. But now I’ve been trying to cook.

Fast food is definitely gross and I don’t eat it anymore but Panera Bread isn’t so bad but that’s not really fast food haha idk.

There was a point even just last year where I was eating fast food like every day for a while :oops: Mostly Wendy’s and Taco Bell but sometimes McDonald’s too. And drinking soda. But I don’t do that anymore. Decided it was stupid and unhealthy but also I was having a lot of digestion problems and pain and stuff and that all stopped for the most part when I quit eating fast food. And now if I do try to eat it or fried foods or anything like that, I will get bad pain so now I also don’t really have a choice haha tried a few times and it just wasn’t worth it and confirmed that it was the fast food and/or fried food doing it. I think I have also at some point developed a lactose allergy. :rolleyes:

Kind of annoying but probably healthier to cook for myself anyway haha and I don’t really like milk and cheese anyway. Love yogurt and ice cream though.

Back
Top Bottom