BYC Café

That's what I could do with, a lunch cruise.:)

I did feel bad that he missed the cruise. So we are going to book another cruise in October during peak fall color. So now the decision comes down to another 2-hr lunch cruise or a 3-hr dinner cruise.
The benefits of the lunch cruise are full light to enjoy the fall foliage, warmer air temps, this one is buffet style so "all-you-can-eat" and I can be home in plenty of time to secure the flock. The cons are a higher likelihood of screaming kids.
The benefits of the dinner cruise are adults only, a longer cruise and seeing the lake at night. The cons are I'll not get home until well after dark, it will be colder, who's to say how much autumn foliage we'll see and driving home on rural country roads at night during the early part of the deer rut when they are on the move and getting hit by vehicles the most.

Hmmm. So having written all this, I think I've decided on the lunch cruise. We can leave early and hit the trails at Watkins Glen for a hike before lunch. I'm booking it now!!! :D

Yesterday I was surprised to watch Captain take a cheap shot at Fabio while he was mounted on Sissy. Captain did a quick jump at Fabio trying to knock him off, as Fabio has done to Captain in the past. It didn't work and Captain ran away as soon as Fabio dismounted.
This morning, Fabio was really putting the run on that boy. I think a fight between the two of them is brewing. And ol' Fabio has been practicing his Ninja warrior moves on me all summer so little man Captain is going to be in for it if he doesn't run like hell.

Idk, there is something about potatoes done in the oven or in a fire that microwaves just can't reproduce.:)

Hmm that’s definitely true! You are right about that and we actually do still use the oven or grill. If we’re making true baked potatoes to eat we will wrap them in tin foil and put them in the oven or on the grill for a bit and it’s always :drool

But I mostly just use the microwave to start it so I don’t have to stand at the stove forever waiting for the slices to cook. :lau :oops:

And we have occasionally eaten them straight from the microwave, mostly if we’re in a hurry, but you’re right, def not as good haha

Yesterday I was surprised to watch Captain take a cheap shot at Fabio while he was mounted on Sissy. Captain did a quick jump at Fabio trying to knock him off, as Fabio has done to Captain in the past. It didn't work and Captain ran away as soon as Fabio dismounted.
This morning, Fabio was really putting the run on that boy. I think a fight between the two of them is brewing. And ol' Fabio has been practicing his Ninja warrior moves on me all summer so little man Captain is going to be in for it if he doesn't run like hell.
This is what I think I mentioned here a while ago that can effect egg fertility. The cockerels and young rooster will make a dive at the senior rooster when mating and once interrupted run like ****!
So far here it hasn't resulted in any serious conflict. The senior rooster may chase the junior briefly but in chicken rules the behavior seems to be acceptable.

This is what I think I mentioned here a while ago that can effect egg fertility. The cockerels and young rooster will make a dive at the senior rooster when mating and once interrupted run like ****!
So far here it hasn't resulted in any serious conflict. The senior rooster may chase the junior briefly but in chicken rules the behavior seems to be acceptable.
How would you like it?

Back
Top Bottom