BYC Café

It all went wrong today.:he
The main house has guests. A women and her brat of a child.
I tell everyone who comes here do not try to pet or feed any of the chickens. I try as politely as possible to explain that they are dangerous and while they may see me doing things with the chickens it's because the chickens know me, not because they are human friendly. I make this absolutely clear and I do mean absolutely clear.

There are chicks all over the place and this stupid women, the sort that knows better than anyone else, and her brat, were watching me do the mid afternoon feed. If she had been more observant she would have noticed I put Knock and her chicks bowl down and backed off.
I didn't see it but I heard the scream. The stupid women got a piece of bread and with her brat went to try and entice Knocks chicks close enough to grab one. She said she wanted her brat to hold a real live chick.:he Knock does not mess about. She is very aggressive and of course when the women made a grab for the chick, knock let her have both barrels. Knock got in two good rakes with her feet; five stitches worth of rakes to be precise.:oops:
Now I've got the people in the main house saying Knock has to go and she's dangerous. My response probably wasn't super tactful in saying anyone who even touches knock is going to get their fingers broken. I pointed out that I had warned this women as I always do and if she was too stupid to take heed neither I nor knock are responsible.
Needless to say I'm in the doghouse but they've taken me seriously and talk about getting rid of Knock has stopped.

I am so sorry cannot fix stupid anyone I raised a bull he was like a puppy to me stepped on one kid who thought he knew how to handle one could have been dead but the idiot screamed and wailed like he had been gored lay low let the idiot scream

I tell everyone who comes here do not try to pet or feed any of the chickens. I try as politely as possible to explain that they are dangerous and while they may see me doing things with the chickens it's because the chickens know me, not because they are human friendly. I make this absolutely clear and I do mean absolutely clear.

There are chicks all over the place and this stupid women, the sort that knows better than anyone else, and her brat, were watching me do the mid afternoon feed. If she had been more observant she would have noticed I put Knock and her chicks bowl down and backed off.
I didn't see it but I heard the scream. The stupid women got a piece of bread and with her brat went to try and entice Knocks chicks close enough to grab one. She said she wanted her brat to hold a real live chick.:he Knock does not mess about. She is very aggressive and of course when the women made a grab for the chick, knock let her have both barrels. Knock got in two good rakes with her feet; five stitches worth of rakes to be precise.:oops:
Now I've got the people in the main house saying Knock has to go and she's dangerous. My response probably wasn't super tactful in saying anyone who even touches knock is going to get their fingers broken. I pointed out that I had warned this women as I always do and if she was too stupid to take heed neither I nor knock are responsible.
Needless to say I'm in the doghouse but they've taken me seriously and talk about getting rid of Knock has stopped.
You can't fix stupid. But a broody momma can sure as hell still flog it.

BRRRR!
hot-chocolate.gif

The three witches (Bracket, Hinge and Nolia) going through the recently dumped compost.
View attachment 1916972

Punch.View attachment 1916974

Finally get the main field plowed and sown with alfalfa. View attachment 1916975

Treacle posing as usual. View attachment 1916976
Mel taking her evening bath while I keep an eye on the chicks. View attachment 1916977
The chicks I'm keeping an eye on. View attachment 1916979
Beautiful Shad, thanks for sharing!

Good for Knock. The humans were warned, maybe next time they'll take it seriously and avoid a more severe injury.

Whoa! Not good. Is your power at home off? At risk?
There was talk of power off for parts of 9 counties and they did turn it off in three.

The closest county in the 9 was Lake county which is the county north of us.

Because of where Woodland is, we should be safe from that type of power outage

There was talk of power off for parts of 9 counties and they did turn it off in three.

The closest county in the 9 was Lake county which is the county north of us.

Because of where Woodland is, we should be safe from that type of power outage

Well I'm happy for you and your family then. What a horrible situation for those areas though.

Isn't your DW having surgery soon? How's she doing?

Well I'm happy for you and your family then. What a horrible situation for those areas though.

Isn't your DW having surgery soon? How's she doing?
the surgery(gall bladder) was moved to Oct. 8. She is having lots of issues with that gall bladder!

Seattle use to have rolling outages in the summer months but that was before allot of upgrades people get charged for now thankfully we are 130 miles south of their
The power is cut on purpose by PGE if the conditions meed their criteria. Once the power has been turned off, it cannot be turned back on until all of the lines are inspected. That is supposed to take from 24 to 48 hours.

Back
Top Bottom