BYC Café

I managed to get all but about an hours worth of digging done along the garage walkway, brought in two loads of crusher run and spread both along with about 1 ton of the gravel that had been removed from the garage walkway area.

The truck is only rated for 1/2 ton. The first ticket read 1360 pounds. Oops. I wanted to make sure the next ticket was a little less. The only thing I can really do is watch how much the truck squats down after the load is starting to go in and then signal the loader that I've got enough.
The second ticket read 1480 pound! Oops. :oops:
Maybe I'll do better today.

Morning cafe folk. Thanks for the offer of coffee but I can't have nairn. Gets my jitters up.
Thought I would treat the grandkids to a trip to the balloon fest last night. Scared the 8 yrs old gd to death when they went to gassing up the balloons. I had to take her away to where they were selling all the food and trinkets. I think I got played. Durned foot long corny dog was 7 bucks. I gotta take the other 3 tonight. I'll try to play my cards a bit little wiser.

I managed to get all but about an hours worth of digging done along the garage walkway, brought in two loads of crusher run and spread both along with about 1 ton of the gravel that had been removed from the garage walkway area.

The truck is only rated for 1/2 ton. The first ticket read 1360 pounds. Oops. I wanted to make sure the next ticket was a little less. The only thing I can really do is watch how much the truck squats down after the load is starting to go in and then signal the loader that I've got enough.
Yea, it's a little scary driving down the road and the front tires are barely touching the pavement. Kinda hard to steer.

Mornin', y'all!

Sounds like a busy weekend for a lot of folks. Critter's sailing club has scheduled a race for today, but the latest forecast calls for practically no wind. I don't think paddling is legal in a sailboat race, but they may need paddles to get back to shore.:gig

Our daily airshow is about to begin. The mosquito hoard (courtesy of Dorian) has thinned considerably, but we still have scads of dragonflies patrolling the parts of the horse paddocks that were flooded. There are two young hawks (probably Red-shouldered, possibly siblings) that have been hunting them for the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure that dragonflies make very good hawk fare, but the birds haven't starved yet.:idunno

Critter wants me to finish putting a new zipper on his jib sail, so I reckon I'll see ya later!:wee

I broke both rear leaf springs on a Ford Transit Crew Cab doing that. Unfortunately they didn't break at the concrete yard, they broke at the beginning of a tunnel on a motorway.
There was a mistake at the concrete plant and instead of getting a ton I got a ton and a half of wet concrete. It was okay driving on the flat but as you enter the tunnel there is a toll booth and there are ramps in the road. I got over the first ramp but at the second the bounce was just too much. I was on the local news.:oops: It caused a major tailback.:hmm

Morning cafe folk. Thanks for the offer of coffee but I can't have nairn. Gets my jitters up.
Thought I would treat the grandkids to a trip to the balloon fest last night. Scared the 8 yrs old gd to death when they went to gassing up the balloons. I had to take her away to where they were selling all the food and trinkets. I think I got played. Durned foot long corny dog was 7 bucks. I gotta take the other 3 tonight. I'll try to play my cards a bit little wiser.
There used to be a rather good balloon festival in Bristol in the UK years ago. It was in the early days of ballooning and the festival wasn't very commercial, more enthusiasts and locals. As the years went by it got bigger and more commercial until it got completely ruined imo.

Back
Top Bottom